Would this be legal at Lake Powell?

Discussion in 'Lake Powell Recreation' started by Jeff Blacker, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Jeff Blacker

Jeff Blacker Member

Thought this was interesting. Just wondering if anyone knew if regulations would allow this?

Beachin It likes this.
  2. BartsPlace

BartsPlace Moderator Staff Member

Apparently it is manufactured by Destination Yachts - a pretty reputable houseboat manufacturer. However, there are a number of red flags for me. I especially wouldn't feel comfortable letting anyone walk/play on the deck while in motion due to the possibility of contact with the spinning tires. Having to stay in the RV would be a severely limiting experience for me. That's not to say you couldn't develop something to make it safer. I guess overall, it feels like they stopped a little too early in the design process. With some work, it could become more attractive to potential buyers. :)
  3. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Looks pretty interesting to me.
  4. Lake Bum

Lake Bum Well-Known Member

One good swell from the Tour boat over that bow, and you're swimming :cool:
  5. potter water

potter water Well-Known Member

Not for lake powell for sure.
  6. Beachin It

Beachin It Member

I kinda like it. As far as the spinning wheels, a removable guard would be no problem to have installed. The motor home in the video was anchored with coma-longs in the front, I would use a chain hoist instead of coma-longs and anchor the motor home in the rear as well. As far as wakes, "tour boat', I would just shut down and if the wake did come over the deck it would just wash through. With the Toon being 18' X 60' I would have no problem operating it at Lake Powell. But that's me.
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    Ryan likes this.
  7. Bill Sampson

Bill Sampson Well-Known Member

Many years ago they tried a similar thing on Lake Havasu where you could pull your RV or truck and camper on a platform. The only difference was that it was outboard powered. They appeared to be a good thing for a while, but eventually disappeared.
  8. Powelldreamer

Powelldreamer Well-Known Member

I remember those. They had them t Lake Mojave for a bit as well.