Wind

Status
Not open for further replies.
We saw it coming, and left the Escalante this morning at 6am. It was pretty nasty from Escalante all the way to Dangling Rope, then it flattened out, and got REALLY nice in Padre. Stopped and made coffee and had breakfast, then hauled butt to Wahweap. It was blowing like crazy, and getting worse by the minute. Timed this trip just right :cool:

Wind was ripping Sunday morning as we made the run back to Halls from Rincon. Glad we got out of there when we did. I’ll post a report today.

I think that we are getting some weird weather from the north. It snowed yesterday here in the Cache Valley and was a roasting 39 degrees in Mendon Utah when I was getting2F3D8491-75A7-412C-AAE4-4BB3BF1412C2.jpeg up this morning. There in nothing like seeing snow in the summer. I would love it if these changes would break this long term drought that we are in.

Last edited:
We just spent six glorious days at Powell. Stayed in the Escalante. Sunday was windy, and Monday was worse. Of course, that's the day we planned to head back to Halls. We left the Escalante at 6:30am, and got to Halls by 11:30am. Yes, it was a wild ride. Saw a small pontoon boat as we neared Halls that looked like it was taking on water and about to sink. But it pushed on. We eventually saw them at Halls, and they were still floating.

As a bonus, we saw F18s fly over on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday! Love seeing those planes in the sky.

Tiff

We just spent six glorious days at Powell. Stayed in the Escalante. Sunday was windy, and Monday was worse. Of course, that's the day we planned to head back to Halls. We left the Escalante at 6:30am, and got to Halls by 11:30am. Yes, it was a wild ride. Saw a small pontoon boat as we neared Halls that looked like it was taking on water and about to sink. But it pushed on. We eventually saw them at Halls, and they were still floating.

As a bonus, we saw F18s fly over on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday! Love seeing those planes in the sky.

Tiff
I thought you moved to the south end of the lake?

I thought you moved to the south end of the lake?

We did. We were on our annual trip with friends on their boat out of Halls. So I get to see both sides of the lake each year. :)

We'll be heading to Wahweap in mid-July. I think. Unless the Covid is going crazy in Page.....

Anyone out there have any reports from Wahweap? Is it a complete zoo? Do you have to wait all day just to pump out and gas up?

Tiff

The wind is different this year we should be getting southern flow soon I hope and some rain 🌧 be doing my rain dance in a few days ⛵

We did. We were on our annual trip with friends on their boat out of Halls. So I get to see both sides of the lake each year. :)

We'll be heading to Wahweap in mid-July. I think. Unless the Covid is going crazy in Page.....

Anyone out there have any reports from Wahweap? Is it a complete zoo? Do you have to wait all day just to pump out and gas up?

Tiff
Look at the webcam on Friday that will give you an idea about how crazy it is 😎

Waweeap was a full on zoo last week. Trying to find a trailer parking spot was no joke... we left early on are houseboat and brought it back at 7 am to miss the crowd 6 days latter.

Last chance has some sand beach areas on the left 3 canyons we saw last week. They were others in them but still room. Lake is busy.

Pic of us last week in a sweetspot... well protected.

Attachments

• Resized_20200624_095456.jpeg
    Resized_20200624_095456.jpeg
    430.7 KB · Views: 121
Waweeap was a full on zoo last week. Trying to find a trailer parking spot was no joke... we left early on are houseboat and brought it back at 7 am to miss the crowd 6 days latter.

Last chance has some sand beach areas on the left 3 canyons we saw last week. They were others in them but still room. Lake is busy.

That is a nice spot! Maybe everyone will spread out more. Halls Crossing was not overly busy. It was just a normal day at the marina yesterday, and also when we launched on the 24th.

Tiff

Thanks Mark. You are right about the protection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back