• Friends: Please double-check the email address you have on file. Make sure that it is current and able to receive email. When our emails are rejected it can damage our ratings and slow down future deliveries.
    Thanks!

Whaweep Houseboats are locked in at the dock

Jackalope

I just found out that houseboats on B dock are locked in do to low water level. This is going to put a damper on anyone trying to get out this season.
I did hear that Aramark will try and push the marina out some time in June and, I did hear the word TRY.

Anyone around there, can you take a picture? I am hoping to at least get my little boat over there, May 15 for a project on my boat.

BZeg

Our houseboat is on the east side of B dock. We can get out just fine. The west side of B dock (the dirt parking lot side) would be tight due to the shallow area near the north end of B dock and the break water and fuel dock area. Opposite of B dock, I think it’s AA, there is a large cruiser that will be in it’s slip until they move the marina further out.

Jackalope

I received this from Aramark yesterday, no houseboats can move out from "my side" of B-Dock. They will even have to do pump out but it needs to be scheduled.

This is why I wanted to see pictures... I am glad the other side will be OK. We did make the request for a temporary spot but the request was denied. OUCH!

Kevin G

Possible to split to dock apart and move the houseboats out, or at least the ones that want out?

Trix

That's horrible! USBR most probably forecast of April15 shows only about only about 6 feet rise in May before lake starts falling again. Ugly situation.

Jackalope

You guys are awful calm about this. It could have been avoided I’m sure.
I would be furious!!
And let them know!!
Let me first say, that we are not being calm. We are doing what we can legally and negotiating the best possible outcome. I know there are others on that dock that are going ape dookie. We will see how this plays out. I would like to see this resolved ASAP ...

Idea, if you can't move the big dock, move the fuel dock...

Rivergoer

Anyone have access to Google Earth image of Wahweap Marina at a similar lake level?

Curious why they can’t just add a few dock ramp extensions and shove the marina out from shore...is it a navigational issue with the closing distance to the opposite shoreline to the east?

Dougie

USBR “most probable” on 4/15 also said lake would bottom out at 3564. Worst case was a bottom at 3561 and a flat May with negligible spring runoff rise, and then dropping farther starting in June. Maybe that is now “most probable”.

Dougie

Also you boaters with depth finders probably can confirm that an East to west cross section of Wahweap Bay will show a very steep drop off within feet of where the docks are anchored. Wahweap Creek was a narrow almost slot canyon before the lake filled, and I believe the marina sits just on the west edge of the underwater cliffs. If this is true, then perhaps it’s easier said than done to move the docks a few feet to the East right into the depths of the canyon. I’d be interested to hear what people on this site have seen with their depth finders if this is not the case.