What to use for each fish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landry Harkless

I'm heading up to powell on Thursday and staying till next Monday and I'm going to fish and camp so I was wondering what to use/ what is working for all types of fish like small and large mouth bass, crappie, walleye, striper, blue Gail, and catfish and carp. I was also wondering where these fish like to hang at like at rock slide and exc. I have read some of the reports it's just so hard because the water is rising so much that one day something can work then in like 2 days it won't . So if u know what is working good, for each type of fish and where each type of fish likes to hide at and depth to sink bait or lure too. Pls !! Reply back if u know anything so I can get my stuff together it would be really appreciated!! I can't wait though.

birdsnest

There does not seem to be any lure that can be identified as the one to use today or tomorrow. You probably will have to do what almost eveyone else does, find the lure they want. Of course you would start with the old standards for each species as stated in previous posts and then refine from there. Technique is so different from one fisherman to the next that you almost have to mate your tehnique to the lure. I have literally been standing next to a buddy fishing and killing the smallies with the same lure(charteuse single tail grub) as he is using and he would turn to me and ask me what I am doing to catch the fish while he didn't get a bite. I guess they liked my twitch more than his.Wayne has suggested lures many times that I don't have success with, go figure. But this very problem or challenge is what makes catching more fish than the next guy so fun, Can't tell you hom many times I've heard"the're not biting in Friendship or Neanderthal" which is a standing challenge to pull fish out of those areas. There is a reason why my fishing bag is pretty big. Also isolated or large areas of submerged rock and rip-rap is always a go to spot no matter what elevation the lake is.

Status
Not open for further replies.