Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WW Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello everyone and welcome to the new Wayne's Words community forum. We're still getting settled in here - so some things may not work / look / respond exactly as expected. We're working on all of that. If you think there's a glaring problem somewhere, please feel free to post about it in the Help Desk. We'll do our best to answer technical support questions and issues there.

The rest of the forum categories are self-explanatory. Wayne (on his way to the lake for a week) asked that we simplify a bit with just five main categories of interest: the welcome mat, fishing, recreation, lake issues, and yard sale. So that's where we are.

Please take a look around, use what's here, and let us know what you find.

Take care!

-WW Admin

PS. This new forum software has tons of features. Some of them are really quite fantastic - like dragging photos right into the post editor - others may be more confusing than helpful. We're trying to find the right balance. You may see some things appear or disappear as we play with these options. :)

There's a sense of a new frontier here. Kind of like watching the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan Show or the Buggles' Video Killed the Radio Star video to kick off the first broadcast of MTV.
Beatles.jpg

So glad its back! Thank you! The new banner picture is excellent as well, our stomping grounds.

I am back and was thrilled to see the board up and operating again. I missed the daily communication with the Wordlings. It makes my day to be able to help, offer advice an get your reports for the benefit of all.

Many responded to help us out. Thank you all. Bart was the one that finally got the go ahead to start the new Forum and looks like he picked a good one. I will know more after I use it for a month and get familiar with how it works.

So its my first day here and its feels good.

Glad to see the forum back up and running. I don't suppose any of the old posts are going to be coming back? There was a lot of good information on the old board.

There is a huge archive of great stuff on the old board. My plan is to try to make all that information available on another server so we can read it but not respond to it. Hopefully this winter we will fix it and then make it available here with just a click to go the archived BB.

It has been hard for me to keep up with all the changes as this is my time to be on the lake sampling. I complete that in mid November and then can devote more time to making changes to the site. In reality that should read finding others to make appropriate changes in the site as I am really not very good at it.

During March 2019 Ron Colby, Bart'sPlace, and I will try to update and combine Wayneswords.net and Wayneswords.com into one website. Ron and Bart will work together to move the old data over from Wayneswords.com and combine it with .Net.. Hopefully, we can then view all the old data that has been hiding and view it in real time. I am not computer smart enough to do this on my own. (I just have some long term Lake Powell and fishing knowledge). Ron and Bart are the experts. I really appreciate both of them working to rejuvenate the site into a new platform. Hopefully the transition will be seamless and happen without any drama or down time.

We will have to wait and see what the new Wayneswords will be called: WW.net or WW.com. Regardless the plan is to have access to all the info on one website. When the old WW.com crashed we had over 5700 registered users and many others not registered. Right now on the new WW.net we have less than half that number. Not all users of WW.com found the new site. They just looked at Fish Reports and Anglers Corner on the old site without going any further. I hope that we can provide Lake Powell and fishing information for all so they get what they are looking for. If they click on WW.com they will end up on the new website.

Unfortunately the cost of being a member will double. Lets see! zero X zero = $0 Just kidding! The cost continues to be small and we can cover it. We just want to have this forum available to all to learn and share their Lake Powell experiences. Stay Tuned. Changes are coming. WG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back