Water level

CHRIS MCBETH

With all the recent snow in the west hopefully it will begin to rise once temps rise and melt flows.

I wouldn’t expect last years high mark, but I bet it will be 10’ or so higher than it is right now.

CHRIS MCBETH

I saw a spot up Navajo Canyon yesterday that was pretty awesome. I suspect in the summer it's wall to wall boats and people though, because it was a huge sandy beach about 200 yards long on the south side of the canyon (and probably shaded in the evening depending on where you set up). Didn't look deep enough for a sailboat though.

Jimmy do you have a keel that can retract or is it fixed?

ROSCOELAB

I saw a spot up Navajo Canyon yesterday that was pretty awesome. I suspect in the summer it's wall to wall boats and people though, because it was a huge sandy beach about 200 yards long on the south side of the canyon (and probably shaded in the evening depending on where you set up). Didn't look deep enough for a sailboat though.

Jimmy do you have a keel that can retract or is it fixed?
Ahhh Chris, you have found the cat box, yes stay away in the summer

CHRIS MCBETH

Tuesday there wasn't a single person at the Liter Box.

But I could imagine once it heats up and all the tourists show up, that beach is probably "hopping"... and therefore not a place I want to be.

I scoped out some cool camping spots up in Last Chance that looked great with afternoon shade, no direct site to the channel (wakes), flat sandy surfaces to set up shade and tents, and far enough up that very few people will venture up there

sometimes I wish there was a mid-lake "camping" marina where you could tie up and sleep over, get supplies, use a shower and toilet, etc.

I also want to start a "Food-Truck" service... but on a boat :) How great would it be to pull up to a floating taco stand in the middle of Last Chance Bay and get some carne asada and a cold drink in the middle of July? :)

CHRIS MCBETH

Lake Powell stopped going down yesterday. Today there was 26,000 acre feet coming in and 24,000 going out. Lets hope this continues,

http://lakepowell.water-data.com/
That's GREAT news Wayne. I analyzed the watershed that flows into Powell. In the past 14 days they have received enough precipitation to bring that lake back up considerably, so once the high country fully melts and all that water flows down stream it should bring the water back up considerably, and depending on the amount of snow that recently happened and is yet to melt, it may come up to somewhere near where it was last June.

That said, looking at the water database, it appears this years inflow is about 2-3 weeks behind where it was historically.

So instead of mid to late June being the high water mark, it may take until early July for the lake to reach peak depth for 2018.

Patience is a virtue... or so they tell me. I wouldn't know...

GregC

I also want to start a "Food-Truck" service... but on a boat :) How great would it be to pull up to a floating taco stand in the middle of Last Chance Bay and get some carne asada and a cold drink in the middle of July? :)
Or, how about an "Ice Boat" that stops at the mouth of a canyon and plays some kind of ice cream truck music over a LOUD speaker for 20 - 30 min. before moving on. Maybe a "Fuel Boat" w/a fog horn, same stop schedule? Hmmm... Can't do that with a concession monopoly. :mad:

GregC

CHRIS MCBETH

Or, how about an "Ice Boat" that stops at the mouth of a canyon and plays some kind of ice cream truck music over a LOUD speaker for 20 - 30 min. before moving on. Maybe a "Fuel Boat" w/a fog horn, same stop schedule? Hmmm... Can't do that with a concession monopoly. :mad:

GregC
That would be awesome LOL

Goblin

GregC
Would that be $6.06 for ice?

I have dibs on the 'Floating Brothel' concession.
Just sayin'
Goblin

birdsnest

You're awful good at that Goblin, Thanks. I moved to Page in 1996 and will never forget the lake lapping at the door of the boat rental office when it was still up on the hill. I didn't realize how lucky I was to be working and fishing on the lake at full pond.