Water elevation gain

mtnpull

I know it's still early, but there is good snow depths in much of the west right now. Any guesses from all you long time powell guys on how much the lake may rise this spring?

Ryan

I will be surprised if it goes above 3600’. Sq. P. S. I have sent an email to the NPS about my concerns re: the Bullfrog main ramp being closed.
Not sure on the elevation but I am also concerned about the ramp situation - especially parking and the distance from where you will need to park vs getting back to the water.

There is not enough parking anywhere near the Exec Ramp. People will be walking miles if they are lucky enough to find a spot by the old marina store (now I think called the work or maintenance shop).

My guess is many/most people will need to park at the regular boat parking lot. If that is the case they should be required to have some sort of shuttle operating on expanded hours.

I’ll email the superintendent this week. Interested to hear what they tell you.

John P Funk

3615 and I got a dollar to back it up
You better keep your dollar. There's no way, excluding an extremely wet spring that 3615 is going to happen. That level is 15 feet higher than the BOR's max probable elevation of 3600 feet. I appreciate your optimism though. My guess is somewhere between the most probable(3580') and max probable(3600'), so 3590' seems reasonable if we maintain an above average snowpack.

mtnpull

Let's just hope that the wet weather doesn't shut off. If we can keep getting these consistent storm cycles every 10 days or so, the snow pack should be really healthy come spring time. In the mean time, I'm making sure to enjoy that cold frozen water while out skiing and snowmobiling.

Steve Moore

Not sure on the elevation but I am also concerned about the ramp situation - especially parking and the distance from where you will need to park vs getting back to the water.

There is not enough parking anywhere near the Exec Ramp. People will be walking miles if they are lucky enough to find a spot by the old marina store (now I think called the work or maintenance shop).

My guess is many/most people will need to park at the regular boat parking lot. If that is the case they should be required to have some sort of shuttle operating on expanded hours.

I’ll email the superintendent this week. Interested to hear what they tell you.
Just call the Aramark shuttle. They also have golf carts and 4 wheelers to take gear to houseboats

Docker

Shuttle Service at Bullfrog is 435-684-3032. It's the number to the lodge front desk and from there they radio the the drivers. At least that's how it has been. They are trying to setup Bullfrog Central again and run it out of the Exec docks so it's likely the number could change eventually.

Exec has a radio that can reach the drivers as well, plus if you are at the Exec Ramp or Dock and need to get to the gravel lots or the upper left asphalt lots they can shuttle you up with a golf cart if there is a Dockhand available. They don't like using the carts to take people all the way to the 14 Day lot by the maintenance shop because it's a bit far and the carts aren't that fast! Their number is 435-684-3062 or 3091

Ryan

Just call the Aramark shuttle. They also have golf carts and 4 wheelers to take gear to houseboats
I’ve tried that. One time they were pretty prompt. More often than not they took longer than i was willing to wait.

And they stop running at either 5 or 6 pm.

Docker

The shuttle during the main season, like May-Sept, usually runs 7am-11pm. They run til the Restaurant is closed so they can give people rides around property when they are finished eating.

I believe they are gonna have a night guy this year at Exec as well that will probably be here til 10 if it's anything like the last time they had a night guy. Probably harder to get a hold of them after 5 though unless you got a marina band radio on channel 10

Ryan

The shuttle during the main season, like May-Sept, usually runs 7am-11pm. They run til the Restaurant is closed so they can give people rides around property when they are finished eating.

I believe they are gonna have a night guy this year at Exec as well that will probably be here til 10 if it's anything like the last time they had a night guy. Probably harder to get a hold of them after 5 though unless you got a marina band radio on channel 10
I’ve never tried to call on the radio. I have tried in the evenings on the phone. Never had anyone answer. Thanks for the tip.