Walleye Contest 2019 ye or ne????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooner

Just checking to see if there is a walleye contest this year? Its always fun to see if your fish is tagged or not. If no contest and you catch one where do send the info too if needed? And I guess the next question would be, has this already been posted and I missed it? Be in Stanton Creek this Sunday for six days. Can't wait to get there.

Mooner

No need for a prize if there is no contest as the fish its self is the prize. If we do catch one, we will get all the data to you. Do you want the fish released?

wayne gustaveson

Staff member
No need for a prize if there is no contest as the fish its self is the prize. If we do catch one, we will get all the data to you. Do you want the fish released?

Walleye are under harvested in Lake Powell as most fishermen only catch them in April and May. Therefore, we have removed the limit so those that know how to catch walleye can help reduce this particular predator population. Feel free to harvest as many walleye as you can use and have some really great meals centered around delicious walleye fillets.

Mooner

We do keep all the walleye we catch, but was wondering if you want a tagged fish released to continue to gather data especially at the low lake levels it sounds like we will have to get used too. Thanks for all the replies and hope the knee is healing ok.

wayne gustaveson

Staff member
We do keep all the walleye we catch, but was wondering if you want a tagged fish released to continue to gather data especially at the low lake levels it sounds like we will have to get used too. Thanks for all the replies and hope the knee is healing ok.
Here is the best plan. Take a picture of the tagged walleye and the tag number. Then release the fish in hopes that it will be caught again and leave a trail of where it traveled and how long it took to get there. Yes the scientific research would be greatly enhanced by catching the same fish 2 or 3 times in a season. Thanks for asking that question and allowing me time to give the right response.

Status
Not open for further replies.