• Friends: Please double-check the email address you have on file. Make sure that it is current and able to receive email. When our emails are rejected it can damage our ratings and slow down future deliveries.
    Thanks!

wahweap ramp conditions

mcpltret

g’morn wayne,
hoping you can help our decision. we have
wahweap campground reservations both
first weeks in apr & may.
discussion this morn w/glen canyon reps, they
expect to release another 3’ of water very soon.
stateline launch ramp is into sand now.
as much as we enjoy our powell trips every year at
these times, it is looking likely that wahweap launching
will also be closed by april.
in an attempt to get the our 18’ boat & lines wet, and not
incur a reservation deposit loss, can you forecast launch
conditions for 3-10 april?
we “hawk” your threads daily. our info based on discussion
w/glen canyon rep just minutes ago, and were advised to expect
a ramp closure.
thank you,
steve & tina in utah

wayne gustaveson

Staff member
I posted the end of Wahweap ramp a day or so ago. I will l try to find it. My recollection is that Wahweap ramp will remain open to launching until 3557MSL. Lake level today is 3567. Thats 10 feet of water. So there is not problem for April. I am quite sure you can launch here just fine during April 2021.

Last edited:

4LOJO

I posted the end of Wahweap ramp a day or so ago. I will l try to find it. My recollection is that Wahweap ramp will remain open to launching until 3557MSL. Lake level today is 3567. Thats 10 feet of water. So there is not problem for April. I am quite sure you can launch here just fine during April 2021.
Sorry Wayne I meant The Cut was thread where you said March and April would be OK to launch at Wahweap.

Steve Moore

3580 is the lake bottom at the cut. Some boats can go through at 3583. To be safe wait until 3585. It might happen in 2021 but there has to be a massive runoff to bring the lake back up to that level.
Colorado is trying hard. Getting snow about every other day. Especially down south. Seems like I-70 is the dividing line

Neil

Stateline is always closed until usage goes up. 10 - 12 boat trailers are a big day in Wahweap parking right now.

Dworwood

That is taken right off this site. I go by it all the time. It is located in the lake Powell water database from the home tab.

Boatingtopgun

Just curious, I am a North Ender and don't get South very much, haven't been past Rock Creek in years. Where is the "Cut" I keep seeing threads on it and what does it cut off. Thanks

DeepVee

Heck we were launching on the old original gravel launch ramp bed in the early 2000's at Wahweap when the lake was down 150'. Then they extended the Wahweap ramp, maybe to Wayne's numbers?? I thought they also extended Stateline but maybe I'm wrong.

Line

How low does APM valet launch site go?
From what I could tell from the original blast YouTube video, they extended the road all the way to the end of the canyon and dug down doing so. They are currently still able to launch longer houseboats so in my opinion, there is quite a bit of ramp left.

wayne gustaveson

Staff member
The Castle Rock Cut is directly across the bay from Wahweap Marina. Leave Main Ramp and head directly across the bay. It takes about 5 minutes to get to the mouth, when it is passable. Enter the Cut at Wakeless and then idle across into Warm Creek in 8 to 10 minutes. Total time to the mouth of Warm Creek and the main channel is about 15-20 minutes.

Now we have to go around to the main channel near the dam and go through 2 long wakeless areas. Total time to the mouth of Warm Creek and the main channel is 55 minutes or more. It takes much longer when the traffic is busy and boat wakes are high.