Wahweap Main Ramp - Courtesy Dock Access

Chemosabe

Hi all, how is the access to the Wahweap ramp courtesy dock looking now the lake is up a bit. My guess would be about 10 vertical feet of sand/stone to get to the dock from the concrete? Any pictures out there?

Lake Bum

Wahweap is high and dry for this year. There are no docks, as there's no current way to launch there. The Gustaveson Stateline ramp that is the new lower one, is very nice, and does have functional courtesy docks.

BZeg

The original Wahweap ramp is out of the water and but still does have two courtesy docks that you can park nearby to unload/load stuff or people. I used them weekend before last. There is not a break water for the docks and it can get quite rough from waves. I did see what look like a kayak business launching from there too.

Hoskm01

Confirmed, docks there on both sides and it's a 50 foot or so scramble up the dirt from concrete to dock.

We were on the lake last week and while launching, a ranger came by and angrily advised that the state line ramp was for launching and retrieving only with NO loading of anything allowed. They also ticketed a few folks parked off in the dirt on either side of the ramp. They do now have the NPS brown "no vehicles" signs up all along the side of the ramp also so they were justified at least.

Chemosabe

The original Wahweap ramp is out of the water and but still does have two courtesy docks that you can park nearby to unload/load stuff or people. I used them weekend before last. There is not a break water for the docks and it can get quite rough from waves. I did see what look like a kayak business launching from there too.
This is what I was looking for. Was there at the low and it looked like it would be a hike to load/unload. Was crossing my fingers it was closer to the old ramp. I guess it is, but maybe not close enough until touching ;)