Video on Hummingbird Sonar

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayne gustaveson

Staff member

This comparison of sonar scan and down imaging is good for those wondering how to improve their sonar experience. I use regular sonar and down image to distinguish bottom images from fish. I don't use the down scan to identify rock images because I don't fish for bass as much as stripers (suspended fish).

Take a look.

Squirrel

Wayne, I wish Humminbird would do a video on the fine tuning of the settings. My 859 hd di doesn't seem to work defining fish as well as I would hope. TR did some adjusting on it last year on the SJ, it does work better, but I still think there is room for improvement. Sq

TR.

Wayne, I wish Humminbird would do a video on the fine tuning of the settings. My 859 hd di doesn't seem to work defining fish as well as I would hope. TR did some adjusting on it last year on the SJ, it does work better, but I still think there is room for improvement. Sq
I think you should try KBass's trick of limiting the depth you are looking at. I'll work on it with you if you put on your big boy pants and come out with us!

TR

Status
Not open for further replies.