(Unofficial) Recent Ramp Conditions / Experiences / Photos 2023

Can someone chime in on which ramp (if there are options) is easiest to launch by yourself? Bullfrog or Halls? Courtesy docks? Looks like parking is a haul at Bullfrog. Thanks so much!

Was at Powell June 21 to 26. Here are pics of the Halls ramp on those two days, June 21 (3579) and June 26 (3581). No one on the ramp, plenty of parking. Halls marina store was open, too.

Tiff
I'm guessing still no snack bar though, right?

I love how blissfully quiet Halls is. :)
Tiff
Hall's is amazingly quiet! When we were in Bullfrog, it seemed that people were arriving all night long and you would hear the clomp of people pulling carts at 1:00 in the morning. Not great for sleeping on the houseboat! At Hall's it is very quiet after 10:00 (as long as the boat down the way turns off their music). With the better bathrooms and store, I have liked it at Hall's much more, except for the closed gas pumps and pump out and the closed snack bar (I mean, really?). Plus, somehow the boaters seem to be a little friendlier and more interested in chatting.

The only other issue we have with Hall's is that the transformer on G-dock trips when everyone is running their A/C on shore power. Seems like something they could fix, but it is still out of sorts. Since we have a heat pump it takes some time for our compressor to get ready for cooling. After resetting the breaker, we get about 2 minutes of cool air before the breaker trips again.

Anyone seen what's going on at the Stateline main ramp?
Stateline Aux is still open for powered vessels, Stateline Main is for non-powered (canoes, kayaks, rafts). The DeCon immersion tank is open up at the top of Stateline Main in the paved parking lot.

The lower Stateline Aux dirt parking lot is still open and relatively light number of vehicles, lots of open parking. Really getting spoiled by the ever-shrinking (now 200-foot walk) from waterline to top of ramp. Coming back in I got dropped off on the shoreline right below the parking lot and the walk was a mere 100 feet up from the water.

Wahweap is open and parking lots are filling up, much busier than Stateline. I’ll try to get some pics tomorrow, unless someone else beats me to it.

Last edited:
Was at Powell June 21 to 26. Here are pics of the Halls ramp on those two days, June 21 (3579) and June 26 (3581). No one on the ramp, plenty of parking. Halls marina store was open, too.

Tiff
Thx Tiff -any houseboats being launched?? We USED to be able to schedule a launch (our own trailer) a few days ahead of time. Did you talk with Sarah bout plans to open the rental trailers?? Campground open?? Full???? Thx

Thx Tiff -any houseboats being launched?? We USED to be able to schedule a launch (our own trailer) a few days ahead of time. Did you talk with Sarah bout plans to open the rental trailers?? Campground open?? Full???? Thx

The dry storage yard at Halls is looking pretty empty. Not sure if they have the staff or resources to launch houseboats out of Halls? I didn't see anyone launching the brief time we were there. I didn't get a chance to speak with Sarah. The campground store had a sign on it that said "closed for the season." But the gas pumps were self-serve. So I would assume that the family units (aren't they new??) won't open this year, either. Campground open, but lots of spaces available.

I would encourage anyone who has comments to send them to Superintendent Michelle Kerns at: [email protected]. She does read emails, and you should receive a reply back. She did visit the northlake area a few months ago, but not sure what came of her visit.

Tiff

Tiff
Might just be the angle of the photos but the water looks higher in the second one. Did you happen to get any photos of the Hall's marina walkway?

Back