U.S. 89 closed

Ken

ugg. Picking my brother up at the Flagstaff airport Saturday. Guess I'll figure out a detour if it's not open by then. I'd hate to have to go via Grand Canyon NP. Fire looks like it's heading northeast which could affect some of the detours east of Sunset Craters NM. Thanks for heads up

Toohot2

For anyone heading to Lake Powell this week from the south be aware that 89 north of Flagstaff is closed due to fire.
We were affected southbound on 89 yesterday...got to flag below the mountain and were turned around... officer stated it would be days until opened....went around via tuba city...added 3 hours plus to trip to PHX. Very high winds...fire visible from i40. Would not tow a large boat on this Tuba city route...bumpy and hilly.

Ken

We were affected southbound on 89 yesterday...got to flag below the mountain and were turned around... officer stated it would be days until opened....went around via tuba city...added 3 hours plus to trip to PHX. Very high winds...fire visible from i40. Would not tow a large boat on this Tuba city route...bumpy and hilly.
Tuba City to where? 264 to 87 to Winslow?

Ken

When you get to Tuba City, take Hwy 160 northeast. When you see the turnoff for Hwy 98, go left. It's right across from the new Shonto Gas Station. :) Hwy 98 goes to Page, AZ.

Tiff
I was asking his route south. When headed to Page, and I get to Tuba city via Rt. 87 to Rt 264, I'll just take 89 north to page. Its closed way south (near flagstaff). Tuba City to page on rt.89 is fine