• Friends: Please double-check the email address you have on file. Make sure that it is current and able to receive email. When our emails are rejected it can damage our ratings and slow down future deliveries.
    Thanks!

Trash Tracker 2022!!!

Tiff Mapel

Hello all,

The Trash Tracker program is coming back!! It's about time--there's so much trash out there to remove with the low water. And THANK YOU to all of you who always bring back trash when you're out and about on Powell.

NPS/Aramark are currently looking to hire Captains for the Trash Tracker. If you are interested in this very worthwhile program, please email Ranger Betsy for more info: Betsy_Scroggs@nps.gov.

Thanks!
Tiff

Dougie

This sounds like such a great idea. I wish I had known about it (thanks Tiff) years earlier when my health would have permitted. Just for fun, give us a summary of duties, time commitment, and you used the word "hire", so I guess that means a captain is paid.

Tiff Mapel

Well, the schedule should be up soon. I'll post that when it is ready. Captains sign up for which trips they'd like to lead. Captains drive the houseboat, and are also responsible for the other two work boats: the Eliminator (trash barge) and an Aramark rental, usually a Boston Whaler type boat. Captains are responsible for moving volunteers around to areas to clean shoreline. Trips are either 5- or 7-days at a time. So yes, Captains are paid and are hired through Aramark.

Here is the link to apply in case anyone is interested:
https://hourly-aramark.icims.com/jo...edirect=false&jan1offset=-420&jun1offset=-420

Tiff :D

bobco

Well, the schedule should be up soon. I'll post that when it is ready. Captains sign up for which trips they'd like to lead. Captains drive the houseboat, and are also responsible for the other two work boats: the Eliminator (trash barge) and an Aramark rental, usually a Boston Whaler type boat. Captains are responsible for moving volunteers around to areas to clean shoreline. Trips are either 5- or 7-days at a time. So yes, Captains are paid and are hired through Aramark.

Here is the link to apply in case anyone is interested:
https://hourly-aramark.icims.com/jo...edirect=false&jan1offset=-420&jun1offset=-420

Tiff :D
Applied, maybe good job for retired guy .

Dave I.

Escalante-Class Member
I bet this lower water level and a (hopefully) quick rising shoreline will keep the program busy!

IF......The program ever decides to make it a winter project..... I would love it!
Clean up the lake, great night time fishing and not so blasting hot!

When will a winter program be available? When the water is low. Just sayin'. hehe

Tiff Mapel

The new Trash Tracker 2022 calendar is up! Check this link and scroll down:

NPS - Page In-Progress

Applications are accepted starting at 7am on February 15th. Yes, you should get your request in for a trip at that time. They always fill up quick, and then you can get put on a waiting list. If you're spontaneous and can leave with little notice, cancellations do come up during the year. I will always post the openings here and you can check back as the season gets under way.

Tiff :)

Last edited:

Tiff Mapel

Tiff the schedule has no trips out of Bullfrog? No ramp no trips?
My guess is that there won't be reliable fuel at Dangling Rope to get the Trash Tracker up to Bullfrog. And, there are no 7-day trips--the ones that go to the San Juan and Escalante. They did say they were running a modified schedule this year.

But I seem to remember that the Bullfrog ramp was going to get worked on soon, with the anticipation that it would be useable by April? I was trying to find that article/notification.... Anyone seen it?

Tiff

Dougie

Let’s face it Bullfrog is most likely dead until spring runoff “rescues” it. No public comment meetings, no extension of Exec ramp to 3520. It’s all talk. They have put all their eggs in Mother Nature’s basket to save their bacon. Unfortunately, little to no snow for next 10 days or more, so we will go back down under 100% of normal in the watersheds. Slow the flow to Mead right now, and pray for a big February and March for precipitation

Kekus

Hmmmm.... I wonder if they let you take your pets to work with you... I'm retired and could see doing that.

Tiff Mapel

Hmmmm.... I wonder if they let you take your pets to work with you... I'm retired and could see doing that.
Volunteers are not allowed to bring their pets, but previous Captains have brought their dogs along. One very well behaved dog, not multiple dogs.... ;)

Tiff