Toilet problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmybame

I just upgraded my toilet because NPS didn’t make moving the floating bathrooms and dump station a priority how much poop will be in the lake this year 😳 and am letting them know 💩

Not in the lake until it comes up. On the beaches until then. I can't remember ever using one or seeing anyone else use one so, not that big of an issue.

I'm not encouraging anyone to add waste to the lake, but there is a lot of cow manure poised to wash down from the Warm Creek Bench area if it ever rains.

It’s a big issue!
I thought you upgraded your toilet? I assumed you have one that does not need to be dumped during you trip....

Obviously a different situation but my head can go 2 weeks without a pump out....

I thought you upgraded your toilet? I assumed you have one that does not need to be dumped during you trip....

Obviously a different situation but my head can go 2 weeks without a pump out....
I guess I will Just hike up to high water line and dump it 😂

This is seriously a joke. On memorial weekend the restrooms at Rincon had no water. Luckily but irresponsible the maintenance door was open. I got the pump running myself.

Then found that the Escalante restrooms we're locked up. What do they expect people to do who are on the lake for a day and don't have a toilet at camp? I forsee lots of human waste around the lake.

Are the floating restrooms useable even when they're high and dry? Do the marinas have public restrooms on the docks?
Yes, the marinas, at least on the south end, do have restrooms on the docks. Facilities are also in place at the Rainbow Bridge docks. Don't count on Dangling Rope.

I would imagine that a floating restroom/pumpout would be Out of Service if it was beached. The Warm Creek and Dominguez Butte pumpouts are both high and dry. The Rock Creek pump out was still in service as of earlier this month.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back