Thanks, Ky Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squirrel

We will see how it works shortly. I probably over thought the whole process, cleaned the bare lead with a fine ss brush, used a plastic primer as a base coat. 10 to 12 coats of Pearl Mist paint. Sparkle nail polish of 3 different colors the finished it off with a coat of clear 5 min. epoxy. The hooks #4, I will find out if they were worth $3.56 for 20 pcs. made in China. (free shipping all the way from China) They cant be any worse than the hooks that come on the Bass Pro Shop topwater poppers. Sq

scubatim

We will see how it works shortly. I probably over thought the whole process, cleaned the bare lead with a fine ss brush, used a plastic primer as a base coat. 10 to 12 coats of Pearl Mist paint. Sparkle nail polish of 3 different colors the finished it off with a coat of clear 5 min. epoxy. The hooks #4, I will find out if they were worth $3.56 for 20 pcs. made in China. (free shipping all the way from China) They cant be any worse than the hooks that come on the Bass Pro Shop topwater poppers. Sq
I assume brush on?? Or spray paint?? I have used some craft paint made for recoloring jig heads (Bass Pro kit)?? And the feathers?? I assume you can buy those too??Thx for the help - can't wait to go launch the HB in a couple weeks!!

Squirrel

All was spray paint except the sparkle and epoxy. RUST-OLEUM pearl mist paint/primer in one. I find if you slightly heat up the epoxy before you mix it, it thins out considerably for brush application. You don't get any more time before curing, but it goes on a lot smoother when it is thinner. The hooks were sold as seen, with feathers for $3.56 for 20 pcs. shipping included from China. EBAY. Sq

wayne gustaveson

Staff member
Spooning works better from August to January so don't be discouraged if you don't have great success right away. They will work well in the right season. I would also use a spoon with feathers side by side with one with no feather. Somedays they like feathers and some days they don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.