• Friends: Please double-check the email address you have on file. Make sure that it is current and able to receive email. When our emails are rejected it can damage our ratings and slow down future deliveries.
    Thanks!

STANTON IS A MESS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squirrel

Escalante-Class Member
We camped at Stanton 9/13 thru 9/18 and the North side where I like to camp was dispersed with human feces cleverly hidden by rocks. There was also a group came in Friday evening with 5 dogs that didn’t clean up after them either. Didn’t see any NPS vehicles down there the whole time. Totally disgusting. Sq

Meatwagon

Escalante-Class Member
I guess they must not have any portable toilets for the dispersed camping area. If so that's a shame, I would think the nps would be checking for porti potties for the tent campers that don't have self contained campers just as they require for people camping on the lake shore.

Goblin

What did the cavemen do way back in the day? Life will go on...
Yes, back then life did go on, just not very long. Average life expectancy was a mere fraction of what it is today. I'm sure sanitation was a factor in the miniscule lifespans. Even much later on, Alexander the Great died after many wars of natural causes at the ripe old age of 32.

Three cheers for indoor plumbing! Hip Hip Hooray!

Goblin

Ryan

Escalante-Class Member
Yes, but as I said, didn’t see any NPS down there the 6+ days we were there. Sq

Is there any information on what NPS staffing is at the lake? As in enforcement staffing?

When I was in the slip at Bullfrog over July 4, one of the Aux Coast Guard (or Reserves, or whatever they are called) told me that NPS only had two Rangers on duty on the north end. One out of Halls and one in Bullfrog.

In all my trips to Powell, I have only been stopped on the water once or twice, and many trips I have gone without seeing a single Ranger boat on the water.

It is difficult to enforce anything if you don't have the manpower to do it.

Dungee

Escalante-Class Member
If the low numbers on the water are equating to better coverage for mussels off it I’m okay with that. That being said I’ve never seen many rangers now or before the lake got infested.

Status
Not open for further replies.