Stan Jones Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bretina,

They have the laminated maps available at most marina stores. I saw them at Dangling Rope Marina a few weeks ago.

Tiff

It was sad when Stan passed but he sold his map business to Steve Ward who was the media guy for Aramark. Steve ran the company for a few years before suddenly passing from a heart attack. The business then reverted to Steve's wife who still keeps it going today. She periodically asks me for updates on fishing regs and checks the buoys each year to make sure the map is accurate.

It was sad when Stan passed but he sold his map business to Steve Ward who was the media guy for Aramark. Steve ran the company for a few years before suddenly passing from a heart attack. The business then reverted to Steve's wife who still keeps it going today. She periodically asks me for updates on fishing regs and checks the buoys each year to make sure the map is accurate.
Interesting info. Wayne, thank you.
We have used his map for years.....the first one we used wasn't laminated and didn't last many years. I think we are on the 3rd laminated on, we wore the others out!
I see he has written several books about the area. I think I will start looking for those also. :)

Wayne,

Thanks for the information. I've been wondering how the business has continued. It sure is a special feature of the LP experience.

Bretina,

They have the laminated maps available at most marina stores. I saw them at Dangling Rope Marina a few weeks ago.

Tiff
The only maps I've seen at the marina in the past few years is NOT the Stan Jones map. The new map is heavy on pretty pictures and light on the canyon by canyon detail found on the Stan Jones map.

i just received mine in the mail , what a great map. Been going to Lake Powell since 1979 had this map on the house boat I think ?. brings back good times .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back