• Friends: Please double-check the email address you have on file. Make sure that it is current and able to receive email. When our emails are rejected it can damage our ratings and slow down future deliveries.
    Thanks!

South end winter trip.

Dworwood

Escalante-Class Member
Headed to the South end in the morning, would love to meet any of you southerners if you are around! Wish us luck and we will report what we find if we find anything! Thanks to those of you who gave advice and fishing spots.

Dworwood

Escalante-Class Member
I will say they sure have nice facilities here, docks and ramps are first class and new. MM 25 was a bust for us today. A couple of boats were catching a few at the end of gun sight with Chovies
But we never found a school we felt like parking over. Had one fish hit and lost it trolling and that’s it for today. Again I get humbled! But the weather is worth the trip and it is Lake Powell!
We saw four boats on the lake and one was from Nephi, a friend I don’t see often with his parents and his wife, tent camping in warm creek, go figure. They had not found anything either but knowing them they will before they’re done.

Rivergoer

Dworwood, on our way back in the houseboat this morning around 9:30 near the no wake zone by the dam we saw a couple of fishing boats heading up lake. One was a Thunder Jet, was that you? I was up on top waving as you guys flew by.

Anyway, hope you have better luck this trip. For what it’s worth, we spent Tuesday night in the cove pictured below and in the morning we were greeted by dozens of slurps all around. Some looked fairly large, almost mistook one for an otter or beaver.
76C68272-A08B-4A09-A459-AF33B1B6284E.jpeg

Dworwood

Escalante-Class Member
Dworwood, on our way back in the houseboat this morning around 9:30 near the no wake zone by the dam we saw a couple of fishing boats heading up lake. One was a Thunder Jet, was that you? I was up on top waving as you guys flew by.

Anyway, hope you have better luck this trip. For what it’s worth, we spent Tuesday night in the cove pictured below and in the morning we were greeted by dozens of slurps all around. Some looked fairly large, almost mistook one for an otter or beaver.
View attachment 16825
We didn’t get on the water until 10:30, looked around the marina and left it at 11. We did see a house boat in the channel but pretty sure it was not you. My friend has a black Thunderjet it might have been them, they are camped in warm creek around the corner from your mark.We will check out your cove as well as Navajo in the morning. Thank you for the tip! I sure wish I would have seen you, I would have hailed you down for a chat! I hate it when we are so close and I miss the people I would like to meet. I have done that with powell bride a couple of times over the past couple of years. Glad you had a good trip and safe trip home. Thanks again! Dave

Dworwood

Escalante-Class Member
Sure miss our home waters, bought chovies this morning, went back where fursniper was successful and tried bait and jigging spoons and still caught a big fat zero! Talk about humbled, we are! Chris Crosby caught a few fish today and the gal we gave a ride up the ramp caught a few so they are here somewhere! This will be the first skunk job I believe has ever happened to me on LP if we don’t find fish in the morning. Weather is beautiful and no traffic on the lake but for us the fish catching is non existent. Good luck to everyone! IT SURE IS NICE DOWN HERE!

Last edited: