Soliciting Ideas for recovery of boat to trailer

Cliff

Have a 16 ft open jon boat (@250 lbs) that I need someway to get it up on the trailer if the beach or ramp is so shallow that the rear of the trailer is out of the water. Lifting the bow of the boat up onto the rear of the trailer and dragging it on with the boat winch is getting a little difficult now (too heavy for us older folks). And the angle of the boat bottom to the trailer runners is sharp so the pull needed to get up and over the rear end is excessive.

Give me some ideas to overcome this situation. Surly (don't all me Shirley:) some one here has an idea among the wit and wisdom of WW.

Dungee Fishing

Put a couple of arms (whatever those might look like, aluminum, wood etc) on hinges that you can put down from the rear of the trailer to the ground When needed that will left the boat for you as you’re winching it on.

Cliff

Make a hinged tongue on the trailer so that it becomes a tilt deck. Is really pretty easy and not too expensive
Won't work with the trailer I've got Thought of that
How about letting air out of the trailer tires to lower the trailer then air back up when loaded.
I've got 15" car steel wheels on this 45 year old trailer Can't drop 2+ feet with air

Rivergoer

Some of the private ramps along the river here in Parker are pretty shallow. To get small boat and PWC trailers deep enough, lots of people fab up two-wheel dollies like those used to tow aircraft. One guy actually made his from one of those actual aircraft dollies.

With an extra 10-15 feet of length you should have no problem getting the trailer deep enough to float off/on.

At the top of the ramp with the wheels chocked, remove the dolly, hook up the trailer as normal for highway use.

Here’s an example from Google

F0BB1F6E-BE23-41D9-9BD6-32009959D2F9.jpeg

Cliff

Ya used to see those down in Baja for beach launching. Direct into the hitch would work but what do I do with 15 feet of trailer tongue when I go home?

Cliff

Where do I put it when I'm out fishing? In the boat too :) Truck bed ain't 15 ft long Wife can't back the trailer either so the boat is 15 ft in the lake and I'm on shore after backing the boat. Brings issues with reloading it after fishing also.

Meatwagon

What about blocking the trailer wheels, unhooking the the trailer raising the tongue using portable winch and letting the trailer pivot back down as the boat slides on. Then rehook the trailer unblock the wheels and done.

botnb

Sounds like you have an OVERKILL trailer, if you can't remodel to a tilt bed. I have a small one you can have, that can easily float 250 lbs.

hook up!!

Have a 16 ft open jon boat (@250 lbs) that I need someway to get it up on the trailer if the beach or ramp is so shallow that the rear of the trailer is out of the water. Lifting the bow of the boat up onto the rear of the trailer and dragging it on with the boat winch is getting a little difficult now (too heavy for us older folks). And the angle of the boat bottom to the trailer runners is sharp so the pull needed to get up and over the rear end is excessive.

Give me some ideas to overcome this situation. Surly (don't all me Shirley:) some one here has an idea among the wit and wisdom of WW.
convert your trailer to a roller bunk it shouldn't take more than 3 rollers per side .you can push the boat off into very little water an it winches bck up easy might get feet wet a little bit