SLIP NEEDED FOR 24FT BOAT OVER LABOR DAY

Kimbaleee

I know the odds are against us but we r heading to Wahweap Wednesday 8/31-Tues 9/6 and there are no rental slips available. We launch with our motorhome & stay in the campground so daily launch/retrieve is not an option. Any ideas? Maybe we can rent one from a private party if that is such a thing? If all else fails, I guess we will have to leave the boat on the beach near the new stateline ramp but I know Powell weather can change in an instant so we would rather not do that. Thanks for any help.

nzaugg

Wow I had absolutely no idea. I just cancelled Wahweap and booked at AP RV! They have no slips either but instead have 20 first come first served spots in front by the restaurant which is perfect for us. Thank you so much for your response - it's going to be so much better staying at AP now that Castle Rock Cut is dry.
Just a warning on the first come first serve... They go fast!

Kimbaleee

Yes you're right - all the store/restaurant/bar visitors park there during the day but overnighters can only tie up after 5pm is what the girl just told us over the phone. I will actually come back to this thread after our visit and report back exactly how the first come first served slips worked for us and how the RV park was.

Maverick5207

If your boat isn't too large, you can ask people if you can tie up to the back of their houseboat. I had people tie up to my houseboat many times. Saves them from launching and retrieving every day and doesn't cost the houseboat owner a cent.
This is only for Wahweap Marina. Antelope doesn't allow boats to be tied up to the back of houseboats to my knowledge.

DeepVee

Just a warning on the first come first serve... They go fast!
Yeah & half of the slips now appear to be occupied by APM rental ski boats. A lot of boats tie up on the walkway to the rental slips. You already cancelled your Wahweap spot but you can also grab courtesy slips at the Stateline rental marina. This is where we overnight park when we're in Wahweap bay.