September 12&13 north lake

Boudreaux

On the water 7:30 am Saturday, fished rocks and cracks up to GHB. Caught 8 bass before 10:00 including 4 LMB ( two released, two were deep hooked) and personal record SMB. Equal
numbers of green sunfish and bream. So, not super active but all larger than expected and definitely entertaining. LMB hit the white curl-tail grub or Ned rig as soon as it hit the surface. Should have tried top waters for fun, but didn’t. No luck trolling rattle traps and rapalas despite scattered individual surface splashes. Water temperature 75-76 degrees at Bullfrog, 76-78 in GHB. Graphed fish 40-60 feet in GHB, couldn’t get down to them. I wish I had invested in toilet paper and wake boats this Spring, because everyone seems to have bought up the entire supply of each. I had to stop twice coming back to Bullfrog to calm my jangled nerves after pounding thru boat-caused rough water for so many miles (no wind). Fortunately, there are plenty of calm side canyons to chill in. Maybe I just need a bigger boat! Sunday was much less busy. Glassy smooth in AM. Beautiful all around. Spent the morning around Bullfrog graphing and scanning for stripers either deep or boiling, but saw neither. Fish cleaning station was empty Friday, Saturday or Sunday at the time when I went by, and looked pretty clean when I used it. Either not many were fishing or not many were catching. Fingers crossed for boils next week, and I’m bringing my down-rigger!

We fished GHB the same weekend. Right in the heart of the big bay on the south end and also right by the 118 bouy in direct line to the bathroom. Put jig heads on and a piece of anchovies. Picked up good size Stripers about every 30 minutes the biggest i've seen in the past 5 years. didn't see any boils from Bullfrog all the way up to GHB and the lake was glass.

Boudreaux

We fished GHB the same weekend. Right in the heart of the big bay on the south end and also right by the 118 bouy in direct line to the bathroom. Put jig heads on and a piece of anchovies. Picked up good size Stripers about every 30 minutes the biggest i've seen in the past 5 years. didn't see any boils from Bullfrog all the way up to GHB and the lake was glass.
Glad you figured it out! That’s the same area I was graphing fish at 40-60 feet. They weren’t interested in spoons. I agree: between the calm water in GHB area and early AM glass at Bullfrog and Halls and the low angle AM sun backlighting- if there had been splashy boils, we’d have seen them.

SBennett

Those big surf boats cause more damage to shoreline structure than wind.
In some smaller lakes the damage is irrepairable.
I used to despise their big speakers, now I despise their big wakes.
Any operator of a boat is responsible for the wake of said boat.
And, I really despise the one hour plus decon time.