• Friends: Please double-check the email address you have on file. Make sure that it is current and able to receive email. When our emails are rejected it can damage our ratings and slow down future deliveries.
    Thanks!

San Juan 9/15 & 9/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
A quick note to thank those that reported the stripers in the mouth of Piute Canyon. They are still there and once you find them it will be a fish most every drop.
I found them between 65 and 45 feet. I literally got tired of catching them on spoons. (I was using a 2oz cabelas), So I wanted to see how else I could catch them. Most every thing worked from a tail spinner to a big horse hair jig. Most of the time the spoon would never reach the bottom, but if it did, speed reeling back up usually worked

I would leave and go catch smallmouth for a while then come back and load up on the stripers again. I repeated this many times both Saturday and Sunday. I can't imagine they won't be there for a while.
I was happy to share the info that got me on the stripers with another boat that I met in Deep Canyon. I later met them again in Piute and they had loaded up too.
There are so many stripers there that it's hard to imagine. I have never seen them that thick before.

There were some skinny stripers mixed in with the healthy ones. I have never seen that, seems like when you find a school they are usually from the same mold.
I was surprised that I never saw a boil in that area with so many stripers.

Thanks again to whomever reported and saved me a lot of time searching for the fish. On a quick 2 day trip that is invaluable.

Status
Not open for further replies.