Rincon to GHB 4/23 and 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fished up to Good Hope on Sunday and it was very muddy. I measured just a foot of visibility back in Popcorn Canyon, 2 feet at the mouth of Knowles and 5-7 feet at the mouth of Forgotten. The water back in Cedar, Knowles, 7 Mile, etc., was either slightly off color or still clear. Fishing was tough up lake for me with maybe a dozen SMB, a couple walleyes and LMB. Monday I fished from just below Lake Canyon to the Rincon, all on main lake rock rubble and caught fish on every spot, mostly SMB, but also 10 or 12 LMB from 1 to 2 lbs., a few stripers, and a couple of walleyes. Probably a 70 fish day over all. I was really happy to see that many fat LMB. The down lake water was all extremely clear with visibility to 20+ feet. Chartreuse 5" grubs on 1/4 oz. heads accounted for virtually all of the fish, but when I threw a smoke sparkle I got bit on it, too. Invited the walleyes and some of the 9-12" SMB home for dinner. Saw surface temps from 59-65, with 62-63 most places. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
I can almost say ditto to Don's report. We arrived at Halls Friday noon. Ran up to GHB to check on the water color. It was too muddy for me but we did catch a few SMB and LMB in the south end, Ticabo and red. Went down to seven mile and picked up one slab crappie, 2 walleye and a couple of SMB. Saturday went to the San Juan and had a great 100 fish day. Mostly dink SMB but several nice LMB and a few 2 lb smallies. Only 1 crappie. Sunday had boat trouble so only fished around Bullfrog and Halls Creek without a whole lot of success. Fished Monday thinking we'd get blown off the lake by noon but fished till 5:00 behind the house boats at Halls and picked up some nice SMB, LMB and 6 walleye. Still beat the hell out of work.

Don, we left on the 23rd. We must have just missed you.

Going back middle/end of May. When will you be back at the lake?

Don, we left on the 23rd. We must have just missed you.

Going back middle/end of May. When will you be back at the lake?

I'm not sure, Ryan I have a couple of Gorge trips planned in May and early June, so I'll have to squeeze Lake Powell in when the opportunity presents itself. I'll let you know. Sorry I missed you. How was your fishing??

I'm not sure, Ryan I have a couple of Gorge trips planned in May and early June, so I'll have to squeeze Lake Powell in when the opportunity presents itself. I'll let you know. Sorry I missed you. How was your fishing??

Wife's birthday trip, so we didn't do any fishing. The surfing was good though. :)

Dad and I are teaming up on the next one. That will be a surf-free trip.

If you have the will power to refrain from fishing 62-65 degree water at Lake Powell the last half of April then you're a stronger man than I am..... This has always been my favorite time to be there.

If you have the will power to refrain from fishing 62-65 degree water at Lake Powell the last half of April then you're a stronger man than I am..... This has always been my favorite time to be there.

can you call my wife and let her know what a great husband she has? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back