• Friends: Please double-check the email address you have on file. Make sure that it is current and able to receive email. When our emails are rejected it can damage our ratings and slow down future deliveries.
    Thanks!

Rattlesnakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess with the water coming up or maybe just location had encounters with 2 rattlesnakes this past week. 2 HBs parked about 25 yrds apart my son was walking from one to the other about 10 pm at waters edge and thankfully heard the buzz. then the 30"- 9 rattles snake took off in front of him along the waters edge went up and over the gang plank of the HB everybody was in went into the water tried to get up on the HB, failing went back to the shore at that time vital statistics were taken. another 18"-3 rattles was surveyed just above the HBs the next day. Be carful we are in their domain and they are only trying to stay out of our way, but at night in the front yard on LP can test your health and health insurance limits. Camped on the south side of BF at the peninsula between BF and HC bays. watch were you put your feet and hands, pets on a leash.

Lance Cue

Good to know as we'll probably be in hall creek bay this weekend. I was gonna "like" your post but i don't really like it....

broski

Staff member
saw what I 'think' was a small one wrapped into a tammie half way up the south side of the Bullfrog ramp (more like between 1/2 and 3/4) last Monday morning...was quite content... markings were sure indicative, but didn't get close enough to confirm, and my phone was already on the boat we'd just launched so I couldn't take a pic...

Lance Cue

We normally go north but this time we have family coming in early on friday so, as much as i hate to, we thought we'd stay close so we can pick them up and still get some early fishing in. All the snake stories just add to the book of reasons to get away from bf.

birdsnest

There has to be as many rattlers south lake as up north. As many as I've seen I've never heard of anyone being bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.