Quick report Rincon area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outside

Stayed at Waterpocket fold for past week for a great fall Powell trip, minus much striper action. Weather was great with a few choppy days and a few glassy days. Water temp dropped from 69 to 67 with w and cool nights. smb fishing was great with many more larger bass 1-2lb class and a lot less dinks. They liked the main lake points and islands with gravel to cobble size rock. Caught a few stripers in back of Rincon one day and saw a few groups in the shallow water but that was it for the trip. The best bass fishing session we had was the windiest afternoon in 25' main channel, a couple popped off at boat over 3lbs, largest I've seen at Powell! Kept quite a few for evening fish fry and they are delicious! All full of crawdads with just a few 2" shad in bellies. Best baits for us were double tail hula in clear w/ black flake and pumpkin. Had some great hikes and found dinosaur tracks for first time at Powell!

The big slick rock slope across from Iceberg, small bay south of Annies. Great hiking and cliff jump from camp but annoyed at all the dog poo left at the beach this season:mad:

NO...... lots of dog poop. everywhere, in fact there is a rather distinct houseboat with 4 small dogs that I happened to follow off a beach this last weekend that I spent the first few hours cleaning up for, and these folks know better which pisses me off even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back