Pair of Mercury 50 hp 4 strokes for sale with controls.

Dave I.

Good morning all!
As many know, I put out there that I am getting into the houseboat salvage and selling parts off them. Where is what is coming up soon and testing the waters.

I have a pair of 2001 Mercury 50 hp 4 stroke Bigfoots (ELPT) coming up soon for sale.
They will be completely serviced and ready to go!
-New 25w40 synthetic blend marine engine oil with new filter
-Lower units both pressure tested and vacuum tested and filled with premium marine gear oil
-new impellers on both engines
-new spark plugs
-Mussel free
-Removal of lower unit, lower cowling and pressure washed in all the nooks and crannys
-will be verified by State of Utah official before motors are sold
-New fuel filters
-Carburetors gone thru, serviced and synchronized
Can see and hear the motors start, run and shift upon visit to my place

Also included in the sale!!!
-Electrical harness for both ends of the circuits.
-Gauges, switches, buzzer etc. from the dash to run the motors.
-Mercury dual controller to throttle and shift both motos
-NEW cables at any length are also included. Will need to be custom ordered with a non-refundable deposit on the motors
-Also includes aluminum adapters to replace those rotten transom boards for the Boatel style steel pontoons. No more rotten transom boards ever!

These motors came off a 37' Boatel Houseboat so if your boat is longer than that, the cables between the motors and the helm will also need to be longer. I can get this cable at an additional cost.

I have one motor ready to go and hope to have the other one done today (7/25/18 )

I am thinking $7000 for everything including assistance with installation if needed.
Open to offers.

Also have other parts from these older houseboats for sale. Inquire about anything and I'll see if I have it

I also have a means to transport these older houseboats now if anyone is tired of paying storage on a houseboat they want to get out from under.

Call or text 970-424-4552
They are located in Hanksville, UT on the upper lake. Can deliver anywhere for additional fees.
Pictures are available via text. :)

Last edited:

Dave I.

The motors are now certified Mussel free and up for sale!

I have decided to include the transmission cable for the control circuits (Dash circuits) cut to the exact length you need for your boat. The price is still the same!!!

Only thing you will need to provide is the fuel hook up. Everything else is included in this sale.
0801181430a.jpg 0801181430b.jpg 0801181431.jpg