• Friends: Please double-check the email address you have on file. Make sure that it is current and able to receive email. When our emails are rejected it can damage our ratings and slow down future deliveries.
    Thanks!

OffShore Rumor

PowellBride

On one of the FB Lake Powell pages someone posted that OffShore is no longer offering mechanical services? Has anyone else heard that!?

Ryan

When we stopped in during our April trip I was surprised that they had virtually nothing in the store. Their future doesn’t seem bright. Like them or not, we need options on the north end.

sunshinerachel

They did not have a welder available this year. Which for us was actually great, as one of our owners is a skilled welder and since they did not have one available they were forced to actually allow us to do our own. I’m not sure what other services might have been affected but for sure that one was not available this year.

bertobear

On one of the FB Lake Powell pages someone posted that OffShore is no longer offering mechanical services? Has anyone else heard that!?
As 30 plus year members at first the 'Lake Powell Yacht Club' and most recently 'Offshore', this accelerating slide to the present state is sad to see.
Starting with Billy and crew, we've had good luck with the drivers and mechanics over the years until recently. I winterized the boats last fall as we weren't able to do the fall trips we really enjoyed and as such, I'm looking at +/- 60 gallons of fuel that needs to be pumped and properly disposed of. Any suggestions?
Also, I see 'Ticabo Dan' mentioned as a possible resource for boat work. Any contact info?
Even at present falling lake levels there's still so many great place to cruise and hide out. Thanks

PowellBride

As 30 plus year members at first the 'Lake Powell Yacht Club' and most recently 'Offshore', this accelerating slide to the present state is sad to see.
Starting with Billy and crew, we've had good luck with the drivers and mechanics over the years until recently. I winterized the boats last fall as we weren't able to do the fall trips we really enjoyed and as such, I'm looking at +/- 60 gallons of fuel that needs to be pumped and properly disposed of. Any suggestions?
Also, I see 'Ticabo Dan' mentioned as a possible resource for boat work. Any contact info?
Even at present falling lake levels there's still so many great place to cruise and hide out. Thanks
Ticaboo On Lake Services
435-788-2296
Channel 61

I believe Dan is only able to do on lake services, but definitely check with him. We've use him for years and greatly appreciate all he does

Dave I.

I have heard the same rumor but when I ask about it, I never really get a clear answer. Take that how you want to, but I have not received a definite "yes" when it comes to the question.
I have my speculations but I don't want to get any rumors started.

As far as I know, Ticaboo Dan is the only company outside of Aramark that has the proper permit to perform on lake repairs legally. I know it keeps him busy enough, but I have heard great word of mouth from people passing thru. Give him a call if the houseboat is on the water.

I am located in Hanksville and also work on a variety of things that many don't offer here on the North end of the lake. I am only a one man shop so the workload can be heavy at times. But there is just about nothing I can't/won't work on. Keep me in mind also if you need repairs on something that isn't on th elake.

Last I heard, I am the only one Offshore will let pump and dispose of gas on their lot after that horrific accident a few years back. If you need that service done, give me a call and we can set it up. 970-424-4552.

The rumors are pretty rampant lately and mouths are staying pretty tight lipped. like it was said, whether you like them or not, the competition is healthy for all the boaters on the lake. Hope they get it figured out.

Richard

Ticaboo Dan did work on my HB in Offshores lot a few years back -- We got permission from Offshore -- The HB is now at Bullfrog and I am very happy with the service. (Jason is my contact at Bullfrog )

I have heard all good reports about "Rabbit Brush Repair" (David I email above I believe is the owner) and Ticaboo Dan

BartJ

I have had my boat in covered storage at Off Shore for the past 5 years, and all winter this past year. I contacted them almost 3 weeks ago to replace a ceased controller cable to my starboard outdrive and they said they could get right on it. I called them on Monday and although they pulled the outdrive end of the cable, they hadn't ordered one and I was informed they had no immediate intentions of doing it. As a result I got to drive there yesterday to pick the boat up and bring it back to Salt Lake to get it worked on. I'm renting a wet slip at Bullfrog and wasting 3 weeks is a hit to the limited boating season this year.