No Propane @ Halls Crossing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jph3

Not sure if this should be in this forum, but are you kidding me?

Now they are only exchanging full tanks ($80 btw) at Bullfrog. For those of us with Houseboats... thats going to be a fun one.

Anyone else have any insights? I have a business card where people are supposed to submit their complaints; I will attach it to this thread as soon as I get a copy.

Just to be clear, are you talking about Halls (like the title of the thread says) or Bullfrog (like in your 2nd sentence)?

Pretty sure they went to the exchange only a few years back at Bullfrog. You can (or at least last year you could) go up to the gas station below Defiance House and do a partial fill.

On our houseboat, we keep an extra tank on the houseboat, and only fill when one is empty. That said, $80 for a 20 pound tank is stupid expensive.

Sorry, yes. It's Halls that shut it down... all the infrastructure is still in, but the workers asked us to submit complaints by email. Supposedly they just shut it down within the last couple months.

I try to avoid the exchange tanks. A 20 pound propane tank will hold about 5 gallons of propane. The exchange ones usually come with 3 or 4 gallons. About five years ago, Amerigas and Blue Rhino got hit with class action lawsuits and FTC actions for underfililng their exchange tanks. They settled the lawsuits, but the FTC said it was okay for them to keep underfilling so long as they disclosed what they're doing. If you read the fine print on an exchange bottle these days, you will see where they now list the contents of their exchange tanks. But it's easy to miss the disclosure.

Paying $80 for a full tank would be bad enough, but paying that amount for an underfilled tank is an even worse deal than it appeared at first. I usually take a full tank down each trip and take the used one home. At my local propane place (Wasatch Propane in Salt Lake) It costs about $12 to put 5 gallons in one that's completely empty. But I usually pay less than half that because more often than not, the one I take home has quite a bit left in it.

The gas station at Bullfrog will fill propane. I just had my RV filled. I think it was about $4.00 per gallon. I am a captive audience as I keep the RV there. You can call them at 435-684-3007 for pricing. Sq

One of my owners just returned from Halls last Friday. She said the docks are totally infested with spiders , like never before. Why don't they spray in the off season. She said she went to get propane at BF because Halls had none. When she got back to halls she found no fresh or non potable water at docks or pump out. The fuel doc was down so back to BF for fuel . So no fuel, water or propane at Halls. WTH is going on . They raised our slip fees and now no services. This cost my partner a bunch of time and money just to do get fuel and propane. Never did get water. We should all complaint to Aramark.

One of my owners just returned from Halls last Friday. She said the docks are totally infested with spiders , like never before. Why don't they spray in the off season. She said she went to get propane at BF because Halls had none. When she got back to halls she found no fresh or non potable water at docks or pump out. The fuel doc was down so back to BF for fuel . So no fuel, water or propane at Halls. WTH is going on . They raised our slip fees and now no services. This cost my partner a bunch of time and money just to do get fuel and propane. Never did get water. We should all complaint to Aramark.

They covered the shutdown at Halls on the Recreation boat a week or two ago.... here is the thread with the explanation:

https://wayneswords.net/threads/update-on-halls-crossing-fuel-dock-closing.782/

Time for Aramark to be replaced? Everything seems to be falling apart!

Replaced by whom? I'm not sure anyone wants the concession.

IMO the best case would be to keep Aramark in one marina up north, and have a competitor at the other. But I'm sure that will never happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back