No Power on the BF Slips

In case anyone was not aware, the BF slips have been with out power since Friday the 26th at around 4pm. Have been told they have generator problems and are trying to get one brought in. The fuel dock, pumpout and Hotel have power.
If you have a boat in the slips and have anything in your fridge or freezers, you will need to dispose of as soon as possible. Don't be fooled if you come back down and stuff is cold, it has not been!

The inverters and most 12V are dead on most boats we deal with

FYI

PowellBride

In case anyone was not aware, the BF slips have been with out power since Friday the 26th at around 4pm. Have been told they have generator problems and are trying to get one brought in. The fuel dock, pumpout and Hotel have power.
If you have a boat in the slips and have anything in your fridge or freezers, you will need to dispose of as soon as possible. Don't be fooled if you come back down and stuff is cold, it has not been!

FYI
Thanks for going above and beyond for your customers.

SeaLegs

Wahweap marina sends text message alerts to there customers. Is that service offered at Bull Frog?Screenshot_20200630-181333.png

Last edited:

birdsnest

FYI
So a little extra flavor from the hamburgers is to be expected? Yummeeeee.

davew

does anyone know why after 40+ years the power company has not run a transmission line to the area --- I have to believe the cost of the lines would have been made up long ago.

Bill Sampson

does anyone know why after 40+ years the power company has not run a transmission line to the area --- I have to believe the cost of the lines would have been made up long ago.
I cannot speak for Utah, but when I was in the solar industry in California, there were times that the installation of power lines was so excessive, that it cancelled the project. The irony to this is that the power company was going to purchase the power.

riflemike

I just arrived to my boat. Most things are still frozen and the fridge is still holding at 46 degrees. I left my fridge on with my batteries when I left last Friday. Batteries are dead. I have the generator running now to charge everything back up. I think that I'm a lucky one. This is a fairly long outage.

I was advised that the main Gen radiator blew and they have to make a new on and ship it in, they were hoping for any time between today and Saturday but no one knows for sure.
As for running power from the grid here, it would cost way too much and cross over way too many barrier lines to be profitable. I know there has been discussion with GarKane over the years and nothing has materialized.
Money talks right