• Friends: Please double-check the email address you have on file. Make sure that it is current and able to receive email. When our emails are rejected it can damage our ratings and slow down future deliveries.
    Thanks!

Night Fishing at the Dam and Buoy 3 Wall, June 7, 2021

Fursniper

Arrived at the dam at about 7:30pm and fished the west wall where the barricade is attached. Water surface temp was 73*F. I had 2 anglers on my boat and we caught 1 striper at the dam in about 45 minutes of effort. The sonar was showing a few solitary fish, but no striper schools were present. There was one other boat there having similar success.

At about 8:15pm we left the dam and went to the Buoy 3 wall. We fished there until 10pm and caught 1 striper. The sonar was blank the whole time and it appeared the stripers had moved out of the area. Overall, 1 of the 2 anglers caught 2 stripers in 2.5 hours at the dam and buoy 3 wall.

This was Robin's first time fishing on Lake Powell and her first ever stripers. She recently moved to the area and had not had an opportunity to fish until now. She was very thrilled to catch these and is looking forward to fishing a lot more on Lake Powell.

20210607_225323[1].jpg

Last edited:

Fursniper

Thanks for the report. Glad she will have more opportunities to chase stripers. They are a great sport fish and tast great also!
That's for sure! The next day Robin tried eating striper for the first time. Suggested baking them in a foil packet with Italian dressing inside at 350*F for 35 minutes or about 8-10 minutes after the foil packet puffs up. She decided to use a strawberry vinaigrette dressing as a marinade instead and then baked them as suggested. They were delicious! She also shared them with her 91 year old neighbor who probably added 20 years to their life after eating them....LOL!

Here is one of the easiest and awesome ways to cook striper that can be done on a BBQ grill, oven, skillet, campfire, etc.

Cover both sides of the fillets with a liberal amount of Italian Dressing. Fold foil into a leak proof packet.

20200425_201543.jpg

Heat foil packet for about 35 minutes at 350*F, or for 8-10 minutes after foil packet puffs up. Do not turn over. That's it, easy peasy gourmet cooking!

20200425_204817.jpg

Last edited:

4LOJO

We thought it was really good this way and really easy. Trout is a little fishy for me you think it work with trout? Thanks again for sharing.

Fursniper

We thought it was really good this way and really easy. Trout is a little fishy for me you think it work with trout? Thanks again for sharing.
Not sure how this method would work on trout, never done it.

Looks great. Do you not remove the red stripe before cooking?
I stopped removing the red stripe. I have tried eating striper with and without the dark red meat and could not detect a significant difference in taste.

Last edited: