New to Waynes Words

Discussion in 'Welcome Mat' started by NDFI, Jan 14, 2017.

1. NDFI

NDFI New Member

Hi Everyone,

I am signing up to learn as much as I can about Lake Powell and warm water fishing in general. I am a northern utah native that has only fished for trout. Thanks

Dungee Fishing and BartsPlace like this.
  2. Dungee Fishing

Dungee Fishing Well-Known Member

Welcome! You will never regret learning to bass fish so stick with it, especially at Powell! Watch this video by Kyran Keisling, he is a Page native and guides on Powell. This is probably the best video to watch for beginners to bass fishing and Powell.

VanillaIceCream and NDFI like this.
  3. wayne gustaveson

wayne gustaveson Administrator Staff Member

Let me know which warm water species you prefer to catch and we will walk you through it.
    Largemouth and smallmouth bass, striped bass, walleye, crappie, sunfish?

Click on the main site Wayneswords.com and then read the fishing tip articles listed in the left index. That will give you a start and then you can ask for more info.

Here is the striper link which is my specialty:

http://wayneswords.com/index.php?op...egory&id=43:stripers&Itemid=11&layout=default

NDFI and Dungee Fishing like this.
  4. NDFI

NDFI New Member

I appreciate the warm welcome. I'm mainly interested in bass and walleye, but I never caught a fish I didnt like.

5. wayne gustaveson

wayne gustaveson Administrator Staff Member

NDFI likes this.
  6. Edward Gerdemann

Edward Gerdemann Well-Known Member

You will enjoy Lake Powell. Don't be discouraged if fishing is a bit tough in the beginning. Powell is different than any other lake I've ever fished, and it took me some time to start catching fish in big numbers. Powell can be tough on new anglers, but those who know how to fish here catch incredible numbers of both stripers and smallmouths. The guys who really know how to fish for walleyes catch a bunch of them, too. Take a look at the Anglers Corner reports, both recent and archived. There are stories there concerning catching all species and various times of the year in all different locations. Visit the Fishing Tips section of this website as well. Finally, if you have specific questions post them under the Fishing category and you will get answers, often a bunch of answers.

Welcome to the lake and this website, and please let us know if we can help. :)

Ed Gerdemann

Bill Sampson and Dungee Fishing like this.