New to walleye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

charles

Planning a trip to northern part of lake around the second week of May and I have a couple of questions. I've never fished for walleye, I've seen the tips of tipping the hook with a night crawler, is soft plastics the best thing to use for walleye? Also, can walleye be fished from the shore or should a boat be used? What are the thoughts of Farley and/or White canyons being able to be fished, or too muddy? Thanks everyone for your time.

I plan to be there from the 15th to the 17th primarily looking for walleye. Last year did great on just a 1/8 oz to 1/4 oz chartreuse or orange round jig head with similar color single tail grub body then tipped with 1/3 night crawler. We are fishing from a boat and just casting to shore in rocky areas. Keep the bait near or bouncing off the bottom (will lose a few).

Don't know about Farley or White. Would like some of that same info. I'll be in a maroon 1989 Lund so stop by if you see me. I should be somewhere between Forgotten and and Good Hope Bay.

I plan to be there from the 15th to the 17th primarily looking for walleye. Last year did great on just a 1/8 oz to 1/4 oz chartreuse or orange round jig head with similar color single tail grub body then tipped with 1/3 night crawler. We are fishing from a boat and just casting to shore in rocky areas. Keep the bait near or bouncing off the bottom (will lose a few).

Don't know about Farley or White. Would like some of that same info. I'll be in a maroon 1989 Lund so stop by if you see me. I should be somewhere between Forgotten and and Good Hope Bay.
Thanks Chris, I appreciate the info, I will surly keep an eye out, thanks again.

We also catch a lot of walleye trolling the banana shaped "walley diver" style plugs and shad raps. Target the 15-25 foot depth range, with your lure occasionally bouncing off the bottom will locate fish. You can then use this method to locate fish and or pattern the depth and habitat they are using, then go back with the jig/crawler and work over the area....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back