New Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

kokanee64

Mary and I have been coming to LP for nine years and have followed Wayne's Words avidly from the beginning. In the early years we left home Thursday afternoons on the 7 hour drive and returned Sunday, so we stayed pretty close to Bullfrog. Since retiring and getting a larger boat we boat camp several weeks each spring and fall up the San Juan or GHB.

You know those folks who if given a rusty safety pin and a frayed shoe lace can catch a nice stringer of fish from a muddy dish? Well that's not us. While we are pretty fair kokanee salmon fishermen, we started out at LP in the "Embarrassing" category on the Fishing-Skills-O-Meter but by following the advice on Wayne's Words and the friendly people in the Bullfrog campground we have moved up one notch to the "May Not Starve" category.

Our goals for 2017 are to get a better handle on walleye and drop shot fishing, recycle some of the advice from Wayne's Words that has worked for us in order to help others who are new to LP, and enjoy every minute we spend in this special place. Achieving that last objective is a sure thing.

Roger and Mary

wayne gustaveson

Staff member
My guess is that you are more likely in the fishing category of "we do pretty good now' and sometimes it is much easier to catch fish because "We remember where we caught them last year". I cant remember names or schedules on my calendar but I do remember when looking at a shoreline that "Oh Yes!" We caught them right over there last April and I wonder if they are still there this year.

You are so welcome aboard. WG

Last edited:

kokanee64

Thanks for the welcome and thanks for all your good work. You're right about remembering last year's hot spots but I need to pay more attentions to water levels, which change much more than it sometimes appears.

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.