New Buoy Field Upriver from Halls

Richard

Perhaps someone else had posted this (sorry if this is a duplication) but when I was at Bullfrog last week, heading upriver, I noticed a new buoy filed up river from the old Halls buoy field (that had been removed a few years ago) and downriver from where the ferry is docked. All the buoy's look new and the field is empty. I wonder if this is the field that they will move the houseboats that are now moored on the northwest buoy field at Bullfrog. There was only 20' or so feet under my HB in the west field and based on projections that should be a mud bog by next spring.

Is this the first sign that that the entire marina gets moved in or near the main channel -- In any case its good to see some planning going on.

nzaugg

I agree that it is nice to see some planning going on! The whole marina will need to me moved before the projected low level is hit though and it will be interesting to see how they support that, considering power, roads, and water need to be delivered and not just anchorage.

Rivergoer

Escalante-Class Member
This might be part of whatever’s going on at the north end.

This very long dock section pulled in to Oak Bay around 7:30 pm last night (Aug 23). Pushed by a tug called Plow ‘n Water with a 59’ Discovery rental houseboat in a slip.

Looked like about a football field long. Came in from the south, spent the night and back under way northbound before sunrise. CF5EF760-1520-458B-8FDF-AA18B7D28DE2.jpegB59FF2AF-A4FF-4D9E-BDBB-F2466A42C294.jpeg

Richard

Spoke to exec services ..the new buoy field ..up river from the existing Halls buoy field will be used to transfer HB from the north west field bullfrog buoy field as the water recedes ( right now there is 16’ below our HB in this buoy field)

The new field will also be used to move boats that are in the buoy field opposite the main bullfrog ramp that may get to close the shore

At least there being proactive ..with this part

No word on the big picture of moving bullfrog etc …

Ryan

Keeper of San Juan Secrets
Spoke to exec services ..the new buoy field ..up river from the existing Halls buoy field will be used to transfer HB from the north west field bullfrog buoy field as the water recedes ( right now there is 16’ below our HB in this buoy field)

The new field will also be used to move boats that are in the buoy field opposite the main bullfrog ramp that may get to close the shore

At least there being proactive ..with this part

No word on the big picture of moving bullfrog etc …
I asked in the Exec office today what “the plan” was. I was told “we will be the last to know”. I just hope there is a workable plan.