Need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chet Garling

We are upgrading our boat to a 25' tritoon and I want a good trolling motor with the Ipilot and bluetooth control, the 250 mercury outboard has a 24volt charging system, any recommendations?

I have a 80 pound Minnkota Terrova with iPilot. It does not have the bluetooth though. Works great for me, but my boat is a little 16' Lund. I think with that big of a toon you might want to consider a 36 volt???

I have a 80 pound Minnkota Terrova with iPilot. It does not have the bluetooth though. Works great for me, but my boat is a little 16' Lund. I think with that big of a toon you might want to consider a 36 volt???

I have the same TM. I don't have first hand experience with type of boat size or tune but my first impression would also be suggesting a 36 volt.

We are upgrading our boat to a 25' tritoon and I want a good trolling motor with the Ipilot and bluetooth control, the 250 mercury outboard has a 24volt charging system, any recommendations?
chet,
royal said that you were going with an outboard. I just went to the ultrex 112# 36 volt 60" for my Skeeter MX (I could have done the 54" but you know what happens when I move to the back of the boat) . cant wait to go down in two weeks to check it out. friend of mine put one on his ranger reata and loves it. FYI the new 2017 gps on the minnkotas are a lot tighter than the old systems. old system MKs are not upgradeable. big difference on LP. earlier anchor locks floated around these new ones kept the ranger to approx. 3'. faster head recovery for position. If you are getting a short landing strip like Royals you will probably need the 72" shaft and I bet the 36 volt 112# terrovas or Ulterras($$ auto deploy, that would be the ticket for that big boat) . call me some time and we can talk , I have went back and forth on MK and the MG xi5. I run all HBs so I went with something they can link to. the ranger has Lor. units and he still went with the MK I pilot system. KY Kevin did you not get a tri toon , if so what about the trolling motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back