Matt’s off road recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brent

A little off topic but anyone else watch Matt’s off road recovery on YouTube? Matt owns an off road recovery company in hurricane Utah and tows all kinds of cars, trucks, etc that get stuck all over southern Utah. A few recoveries are at lone rock beach at Powell. People get stuck in the craziest locations.

Matt and his crews seem to be the definition of " Salt of the Earth" type of people. He always seems to go out of the way to help his customers. His videos are addicting to watch both from the aspect of how would I recover from a situation when we are out with the three Jeeps in the family and how did his customer manage to end up in the situation that led to calling Matt. God willing we will be driving through Hurricane on our way to Lake Powell in late August, might try and arrange a meeting with him.

We are also driving through Hurricane on 8/2 on route to Powell. God willing no one gets sick and or none of the states close down again. I see his office is just off our route by a few hundred yards. Might have to stop by myself and say hello!

Speaking of off-road recovery, I’ve always struggled to find a good connection point at the rear of my Ram 3500 4x4 Dually. I helped a couple folks out down at Lone Rock July 4 weekend and ended up struggling to undo knots in my tow strap.

My strap has loops on both ends so a hook would be great. My hitch is rated for 10k so thinking this might be the solution. Thoughts?

Speaking of off-road recovery, I’ve always struggled to find a good connection point at the rear of my Ram 3500 4x4 Dually. I helped a couple folks out down at Lone Rock July 4 weekend and ended up struggling to undo knots in my tow strap.

My strap has loops on both ends so a hook would be great. My hitch is rated for 10k so thinking this might be the solution. Thoughts?

I would go with one of these.

I would go with one of these.
Matt uses something like this:

(watch his videos and you’ll get lots of ideas)
Thanks...I like both of these options vs. my original ‘hook’ idea. Locks the strap in so it doesn’t slingshot off and take out a bystander’s knees (or worse).

This weeks rescue is completely off the hook amazing crazee!!

Matt has the patience of Job - drive 7 1/2 miles of the worst "road" you can imagine to find the customer forgot to tell him "uhhh, sorry, no drive line".

Love this topic! I need to make contact with these guys. I love to work together with other companies and it just helps the visitors experience be that much better.

It's too bad that some just don't want to be friendly. I have come across some rescues that would have been a lot easier with the proper equipment, but I still got the job done. But if a friend is better equipped for the job, I have no problem referring them.

It is all about customer satisfaction and safety.

BTW, my extreme rig is coming soon. It won't be fast but it will climb a mountain like a Corvette takes to the track. ;)

This is the first I've heard of this company. Very excited to contact and partner with.

Stay safe everyone!

Well - Matt has now hired a “social media director”. He may be making more money from YouTube than his rescues.

Its a new world out there with a completely different way to make money that just did not exist several years ago

No, but I would like to start a YouTube channel that got Matt’s kind of traction. But I’m not sure anyone will want to watch me catch kokanee.

I’ve been watching him for a while and fascinated by his simple style that has evolved into some sophistication but he has kept his small town charm. He also has a drone operator now.

My mind was really blown when I went to the Parade of Homes in St George this year and walked thru the new home of What’s Inside - a YouTube channel dedicated to cutting things open to see what’s inside - from Yeti coolers to baseballs and everything else you can imagine. That guy is making bank from something so incredibly simple it’s hard to fathom.

No, but I would like to start a YouTube channel that got Matt’s kind of traction. But I’m not sure anyone will want to watch me catch kokanee.

I’ve been watching him for a while and fascinated by his simple style that has evolved into some sophistication but he has kept his small town charm. He also has a drone operator now.

My mind was really blown when I went to the Parade of Homes in St George this year and walked thru the new home of What’s Inside - a YouTube channel dedicated to cutting things open to see what’s inside - from Yeti coolers to baseballs and everything else you can imagine. That guy is making bank from something so incredibly simple it’s hard to fathom.

With everyone and their mom using a phone 24/7 it makes sense something like that can be profitable. Those millions and millions of people have to be watching something! And although most of those channels don’t appeal to me (I’d rather watch you catch Kokanee), I respect it. It’s a lot of work just to maintain our very small, very amateur presence on YouTube. Kudos to those who work hard and make a good viewing product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back