Mathers 585 CE micro commanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodhead

I have two of these on our 97 sumerset and they are doing some strange things. Does anyone know where we can get them looked at locally? I would like to see about fixing them in the off season. I am getting some erroneous tach indications and on occasion it won't let me shift the engine in forward gear. It just beeps at me and won't shift. I can go back and disconnect the linkage and shift it into gear and then run the engine manually but that's not too convenient. Any suggestion who I could call? Thanks

ROSCOELAB

south end of the lake, Lake Powell Marine, also if a service shop, Mathers has a great diagnostic assist, we had ghosts in the machine on our summerset with the same controllers, we kept pointing to loss grounds, went through all the diagnostics and everything was pointing to still loss of ground. ended up the circuit boards in the controllers. Mathers did not service these any more but did have an exchange program going for upgrading. we ended up doing the upgrade. haven't had a problem since and have had no Ghosts in the 12v side of our boat with every ground on the boat gone through, cleaned and repaired.
good luck sir.

birdsnest

Have also had problems with grounds "leaking" which will show strange power readings. But the strange power readings are a clue to the problem. MMCs are very sensitive to static and rfi but great controllers when operating correctly.

Grant Stevens - USBR

Hey Guys,
While we are on the subject, can I ask about the behavior of your micro-commanders?

I have twin mercruisers with two helm stations. It seems I don't have any sync functionality, I have to manually sync the engines by looking at each RPM gauge. Also, to sync the engines at lets say 3000 RPM, the port lever is 75% forward, and the starboard is 33% forward. Having the levers so out of sync makes it very difficult to maneuver when docking/other.

I hope you guys have better performance. I'd expect my tachometer feed for each engine is not connected to the box, thus it has disabled any sync ability.

Thoughts?
Thanks

Grant Stevens - USBR

there are 2 types of control heads, if you have them here is a linc to the mathers install manual.
http://www.atlantismarine.co.uk/Images/User//File/585CE [585CE&813CE] Manual [English].pdf

I used it a few years ago doing our system, ended up having the boatyard at the top of Wahweep install new 9000's, we did not have sync control heads so I never got into that side of it. hope that helps.

Yes it helps, thank you. After our trip in June, I downloaded the manual, and saw the whole section on "Engine Sync", it looks like great functionality that is not configured. We spent over $10k on the control system, and it seems like it was installed not taking advantage of all the functionality. We might as well have the old cable system with the way it works today.

Not really happy with our maintenance company, multiple issues like this across multiple systems (refir's, generator, engines...)

Status
Not open for further replies.