• Friends: Please double-check the email address you have on file. Make sure that it is current and able to receive email. When our emails are rejected it can damage our ratings and slow down future deliveries.
    Thanks!

Manning of Entry Stations?

nzaugg

We are coming down this weekend and I am planning on purchasing an America the Beautiful Annual Pass. Are rangers currently manning the entry station at Halls Crossing? Can we purchase an annual pass at the Hall's Marina if they are not there when we pass through?

I am hoping to avoid a special trip to the forest service office. Thanks in advance!

Squirrel

Don’t get the pass from the entry station. The ones that they issue are for GCNRA Only. Get the pass from BLM or NPS office which is good for every park and NRA in the country. Last week the check station at Bullfrog was closed. Sq

nzaugg

I have purchased the pass you are talking about that is not a GCNRA exclusive pass at Bullfrog several times before, but last year they only had the automated station, which left me less than pleased so I didn't purchase anything but an entry pass that time. I will run up to the forest service office later this week then.

Thanks!

Richard

Squirrel -- Your older now -- and a lot has happened over the last two years -- It's tough on all of us older fisher people ! Of course he is asking about Halls -- that could be different on the "other side"

graylingoutdoors

I am curious if anyone can answer a question im having trouble finding. I know the annual pass is good for the entrance fee for the park, but would it also cover me in primitive camping areas such as stanton creek? I would assume there would still be a charge for the improved campgrounds?

Dungee

I was under the impression that if you are camping a certain amount away from the restrooms at Stanton it’s like primitive camping and the entrance fee would cover that.

Squirrel

Stanton is $12.00 per night (per vehicle) or $6.00 per night (per vehicle) with the Annual America the Beautiful pass. Not the senior pass. My bad. That said, I have never been checked at Stanton in 20 years. Sq

graylingoutdoors

Stanton is $12.00 per night (per vehicle) or $6.00 per night (per vehicle) with the Annual America the Beautiful pass. Not the senior pass. My bad. That said, I have never been checked at Stanton in 20 years. Sq
nor have I , but I would hate to leave my camp area for a night out on the water and come back to a ticket. i tend to do things as by the book as I can.

nzaugg

Squirrel -- Your older now -- and a lot has happened over the last two years -- It's tough on all of us older fisher people ! Of course he is asking about Halls -- that could be different on the "other side"
I have purchased them at Bullfrog many times, starting about 5 years ago. Of course, the ranger has to be manning the station! Never been through Halls though, so this will be a new set of experiences. I don't think I want to risk it considering I have seen a dearth of rangers the past few years and they seem to be keeping things closed. I really like the pass more for the ability to use it on the Mirror Lake Highway, since my parents have a cabin near there. It is truly annoying to visit and purchase 3-day passes every time we go up. The ATB pass is great for keeping me out of Bear River Service where I buy a pass, a drink, a bunch of ice cream bars, some candy, gum, and snack mix so that a 3-day pass costs me $30 every time we go.