• Friends: Please double-check the email address you have on file. Make sure that it is current and able to receive email. When our emails are rejected it can damage our ratings and slow down future deliveries.
    Thanks!

Lone Rock?

DeepVee

We tried to drive around Lone Rock several weeks ago but it got to the point where it was only 3-2' deep, so I'm willing to bet that it's all sand back there now.

SDtoLPEveryYear

Here's a link to a new video that includes the Lone Rock area as of last week (I believe). It's really depressing as we were there end of July, first week of August when water still was around Lone Rock albeit shallow. Also you'll notice that Lone Rock beach looks like a cliff edge and campers are migrating towards the state line launch ramp for shoreline.

Rainbowbridge

Here's a link to a new video that includes the Lone Rock area as of last week (I believe). It's really depressing as we were there end of July, first week of August when water still was around Lone Rock albeit shallow. Also you'll notice that Lone Rock beach looks like a cliff edge and campers are migrating towards the state line launch ramp for shoreline.

Thor seems like such an honest, integrous soul. His videos and flute have a tangible depth.

Think he's reliving/recalling a previous Anasazi lifetime(s)........???? hmmmmmmm :unsure:

Cliff

Thor seems like such an honest, integrous soul. His videos and flute have a tangible depth.

Think he's reliving/recalling a previous Anasazi lifetime(s)........???? hmmmmmmm :unsure:
The reference to Anasazi was because of our draught conditions not reflective of the flute music.
Could be they left the area because of a prolonged draught right in the southwest Ya think?

Rainbowbridge

The reference to Anasazi was because of our draught conditions not reflective of the flute music.
Could be they left the area because of a prolonged draught right in the southwest Ya think?
Cliff, it does appear the Anasazi left the area because of a prolonged drought.

However the love and passion for the lake/canyons he, I and perhaps you feel suggest a deep spiritual connection that transcends typical 'recreation'......just my 2 cents....3 with inflation...... ;)

Cliff

Yes there are indications that they died out or left the area due to drought like conditions 1200 yrs ago, If one views the petroglyphs at Petro beach down on the river they show indications of how to get to the top of the west side of the canyon (pictured as 4 steps) which can actually be seen from the east side beach. Today a few venture up and /or down the climb but mostly they are used by bighorn sheep
Speculative reasons on why the petros are there (speculation on 1200 years old) was to depict on how to get to the top where small rock basins might hold water for a prolonged time after summer rains (monsoon season).
If it all dries up its back to the Foreign Legion mantra - "March or Die!"
History has a habit of repeating itself
Forget history and one is bound to repeat it.
What we are seeing today has been repeated many times going back thousands of years in history
Nothing new here if one reads history.