Lone Rock

Spent a week at Lone Rock and did well trolling and spooning. Also saw the biggest boil I have seen in years between 2 of the no wake buoys just off LR beach. Too bad that was the day the boat was broke.

That answers my question, I'll be at LR next Monday with the camper and a pontoon for a few days, i was wondering if we'd have to travel far to get into some fish.

That answers my question, I'll be at LR next Monday with the camper and a pontoon for a few days, i was wondering if we'd have to travel far to get into some fish.
We caught most of them in 50-60 feet of water near the front of Lone Rock Canyon. We caught a few inside the no wake area. We didn't try bait, but I think it would have worked well.

Thanks, Ron - We have had a change of plans and are going today through thursday, looks like the weather is decent and the fish are there. It's our first time ( except a day trip for me last spring) at Powell. I hope it makes enough of an impression on Mrs. Muley so she'll want to go back this spring.

OK, We got into a school Wednesday afternoon and caught 15 in about 10 minutes, lots of them small but some decent 20 inch fish mixed in. She was impressed enough so we're going back a week from monday. What spoons do you use? I have a Hopkins and a crippled herring, both worked great on stripers in salt water but not this week in LRB.

mtnpull

I've always done really well with a hopkins. Kastmasters also work well. In fact, we've used a lot of different spoons with great success, but I always seem to prefer the hopkins.

My go to Hopkins didn't do as well as the Castmasters this trip. We even picked up a few trolling the Castmasters. I'm glad you were able to find the fish and get your lady on them. My girl is a much bigger fan of catching than she is of fishing.