• Friends: Please double-check the email address you have on file. Make sure that it is current and able to receive email. When our emails are rejected it can damage our ratings and slow down future deliveries.
    Thanks!

Lone Rock Beach Camping

AZChuck

My wife and I have camped here many times, but not with the water this low. Where most folks are camping now, it looks like a 250-300' walk to the water. Given we're well into our 70s (but not decrepid), we're wondering if it's possible to get a lot closer to the water with a Class A motorhome (and not get stuck)?

John P Funk

Water is on the rise for the past two weeks, which should make the shoreline as dry as it's going to get. Hard to say until you get there and check how everyone in similar rigs are arranged.

Gem Morris

I'd say no but this guy pulls people out when they get stuck on Lone Rock Beach in Class A motorhomes. As a side benefit you get a little movie made of the whole kerfuffle and it get's posted on YouTube for the world to enjoy. And a "free" T shirt advertising his channel (after you pay for the extraction, of course).

Matt's Offroad Recovery in Hurricane, Utah, aka Winder Towing.

JFRCalifornia

I'd say no but this guy pulls people out when they get stuck on Lone Rock Beach in Class A motorhomes. As a side benefit you get a little movie made of the whole kerfuffle and it get's posted on YouTube for the world to enjoy. And a "free" T shirt advertising his channel (after you pay for the extraction, of course).

Matt's Offroad Recovery in Hurricane, Utah, aka Winder Towing.
But you gotta admit those are pretty good videos...

jimmybame

My wife and I have camped here many times, but not with the water this low. Where most folks are camping now, it looks like a 250-300' walk to the water. Given we're well into our 70s (but not decrepid), we're wondering if it's possible to get a lot closer to the water with a Class A motorhome (and not get stuck)?

wayne gustaveson

Staff member
NPS has plowed a trail that is on the path of the old launch ramp in the middle of Lone Rock beach. My nephew and friends took his small motor home down that trail and camped on the beach this past week. He was about 20 feet from the waters edge. He drove back out yesterday without incident. I don't recommend taking a full size motor home down the last sandy hill but there are a ton of folks down there enjoying Lone Rock Beach.