Launching out of Wahweap this weekend.

Azfiremn82

Haven’t been in about 20 years. Launching out of Wahweap. Wanting to stay around the North West-North Central part of the lake to fish. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Will be on the lake in July 30th-1st.

nsaneone

The lake is an absolute disaster, you need to get on the water by 5 am or you may not find any parking close by, Waheap and state line marinas are packed, the lake is the busiest on record due to the covid-19 and horror show.

Plan accordingly, good luck

nsaneone

Oh by the way you will need more permits than Carter has liver pills now just to be able to get on the water, start with the new and improved UTAH quagga mussel cert that cost 20.00 per boat good for 1 year, check online UDOW Boater program, i don't know if it is available at the lake yet, you will need a Powell boat sticker and a entrance pass as well, things have really changed since you have been there. bring your check book and a co signer.

Oh by the way you will need more permits than Carter has liver pills now just to be able to get on the water, start with the new and improved UTAH quagga mussel cert that cost 20.00 per boat good for 1 year, check online UDOW Boater program, i don't know if it is available at the lake yet, you will need a Powell boat sticker and a entrance pass as well, things have really changed since you have been there. bring your check book and a co signer.
We were there a week ago. $30 for the truck and $30 for the boat. Pass was good for 7 days. And we weren't required to have any other sticker.
Our boat was looked over by DNR before it went in the water and when it came out 4 days in a row. I think that mussle sticker is only for people from out of state. could be wrong. We were also license checked by az-game and fish and they never mentioned that sticker either. The lake is busy, but FAR from a disaster. Its summer time at one of the premier boating destinations in the country. You aren't gonna have the lake to yourself. But remember, the lake is over 170 miles long. It aint that hard to get away from the chaos. The walk down the ramp sucks regardless of where you park. Load all the crap onto the boat so you don't have to carry it, grab a water and stark hiking. Surely it won't kill you. Get the Bacon-Blue cheese burger at the dam grille in page. it'll change your life. HAVE FUN!!!

Trix

The lake is an absolute disaster, you need to get on the water by 5 am or you may not find any parking close by, Waheap and state line marinas are packed, the lake is the busiest on record due to the covid-19 and horror show.

Plan accordingly, good luck
I think Antelope Point launch opened today, so that may provide some relief on the congestion at Wahweap and State Line.

Last edited by a moderator: