l.P. Entry from Arizona side

greg sr

I have been reading a lot about Utah needing this and that about certificates and charges and even tests. So I called Game and Fish in Phoenix and they said with an Arizona license that is all you need to fish all of Lake Powell. Please pull drain plug when you leave! THATS ALL

Correct as far as Arizona is concerned. However Utah requires all boaters using Lake Powell, resident and non-resident, to take an online AIS certification course and pay a fee ($20 resident, $25 non-resident) even if they are technically boating on the Arizona side of the lake (very small portion of the lake).

However, at the south end (Wahweap and Stateline) no one at the gates or ramps inspect for the Utah AIS sticker. Gate personnel check for GCNRA passes and Utah DWR staff at the ramps log incoming watercraft registration numbers and inspect departing watercraft for AIS.

Last year I did the Utah course and paid the Lake Powell tax.
I also did the AZ Boaters safety course.
On my last day I requested an inspection at the top of the Wahweap ramp.
I blew out the motor and the inspection was completed, Live well and wet anchor lines are topics.
They attached a wire tag to the boat at the winch point indicating a clean and dry boat.

I volunteered to show them my Utah Certificate and my Arizona Game and Fish Boaters certificate.
I was informed that theses items were not needed for their inspection.

I asked when these items might be needed and was informed that Utah game and fish may ask for them if they stop me on the water.

Still have not seen a "sticker".

Basically it's a wash, I don't have to buy a Lake Powell stamp to fish anymore.

Back