Keep Your Fingers Crossed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainbowbridge

Escalante-Class Member
If buying an electric motored car powered by fossil fueled electric generation can lower the earth's temperature, then rain on the Lake Powell watershed can certainly make a difference, if not now, then next spring's runoff. :)
You nailed it, Trix. This was taken in San Diego. Folks planning ahead with fingers crossed...... gotta love American ingenuity....😋

Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 6.25.38 PM.png

Trix

Escalante-Class Member
I certainly didn't need to take a good rain forecast to a climate change discussion, couldn't help myself.
I have my fingers quadrupled crossed for more rain and snow on the watershed, every little bit helps to end this extended drought.
Thanks for posting Fickle River!

I am part of a group hoping to get our annual Lake Powell "Bible Study" trip in the last full week of October. This will be our 32nd year. We have the HB rented, and are just hoping the ramp at Bullfrog will still be usable to launch and retrieve our fishing boats. So every little bit of rain, and every day of cooler weather lifts our hopes.

Trix

Escalante-Class Member
I am part of a group hoping to get our annual Lake Powell "Bible Study" trip in the last full week of October. This will be our 32nd year. We have the HB rented, and are just hoping the ramp at Bullfrog will still be usable to launch and retrieve our fishing boats. So every little bit of rain, and every day of cooler weather lifts our hopes.
Did you see this thread? Hope you can easily and safely launch and retrieve.
Thread 'Projected Bullfrog North Ramp Closure Date' Projected Bullfrog North Ramp Closure Date

Colorado Expat

The USGS gauge at the dam is currently at 3529.2 feet, which means we are only two and a half inches away from the lake level at which the Bullfrog ramp closes to houseboats and large vessels. At this point, that is less than the variance caused by a bit of wind chop on the lake. Isolated thunderstorms, though perhaps locally heavy, are not going to be sufficient to forestall the inevitable here. Bottom line is that ramp will be done for houseboats by the end of this week, with no real restoration of such function until at least May of 2023.

Status
Not open for further replies.