• Friends: Please double-check the email address you have on file. Make sure that it is current and able to receive email. When our emails are rejected it can damage our ratings and slow down future deliveries.
    Thanks!

It's happening!! AR!

JFRCalifornia

from opensnow.com

"From Friday, January 22 through Tuesday, January 26, here are the storm totals as best as I could pull them together."

49" Wolf Creek
40" Silverton
37" Purgatory
23" Irwin Catskiing
19" Powderhorn
16" Telluride
15" Sunlight
14" Snowmass
13" Crested Butte
13" Steamboat
10" Aspen Highlands
10" Aspen Mountain
10" Monarch
4-8" Most other mountains
Really good!...just too bad more isn't making it past the Sierra... Mammoth Mountain is going to get 8+ feet (!!) between now and Friday... and its pouring rain here on the CA central coast right now, all last night, and all tomorrow...

sjcofto

Just to follow up with what JFRCalifornia said in that parts of the south shore of Lake Nacimiento, west of Paso Robles, received over 15" of rain Wednesday and Thursday Jan. 27,28. The runoff brought up the 2300 acre lake 25 feet or 67,000 acre feet of water in 2 days. Our dock and launch ramp were close to being high and dry without any rain. Thats a good thing for us as our houseboat to replace the burned out Antiqua from last July in Last Chance Bay will not be done until October or later so we were not going to Powell again this year. And yes Mammoth Mountain ski area in the Sierras received about 9.5 feet of snow. Hopefully this moved east over the Powell drainage basin.

Trix

More help coming this week. At least we are in a more normal western storm track and maybe we can get the snowpack closer to long term average.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210130-072454_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210130-072454_Chrome.jpg
    639 KB · Views: 41

Bill Sampson

Just to follow up with what JFRCalifornia said in that parts of the south shore of Lake Nacimiento, west of Paso Robles, received over 15" of rain Wednesday and Thursday Jan. 27,28. The runoff brought up the 2300 acre lake 25 feet or 67,000 acre feet of water in 2 days. Our dock and launch ramp were close to being high and dry without any rain. Thats a good thing for us as our houseboat to replace the burned out Antiqua from last July in Last Chance Bay will not be done until October or later so we were not going to Powell again this year. And yes Mammoth Mountain ski area in the Sierras received about 9.5 feet of snow. Hopefully this moved east over the Powell drainage basin.
When I lived in Southern California Lake Nacimiento was one of my favorite lakes. At full pull is has a gorgeous shoreline and I believe it is 26 miles long. For me the problem was that the water fluctuated so much that you never knew what lake you were dealing with. I do miss it though.

JFRCalifornia

When I lived in Southern California Lake Nacimiento was one of my favorite lakes. At full pull is has a gorgeous shoreline and I believe it is 26 miles long. For me the problem was that the water fluctuated so much that you never knew what lake you were dealing with. I do miss it though.
And it’s shaped like a dragon when it’s full... yes, a very pretty lake, and nice to have it nearby...

The rainfall totals here on the central coast of CA were fantastic (my rain gauge was closer to 7-8 inches over the storm, and that’s maybe 25 miles south of Nacimiento), let’s just hope it continues soon and translates eastward too...

Bill Sampson

And it’s shaped like a dragon when it’s full... yes, a very pretty lake, and nice to have it nearby...

The rainfall totals here on the central coast of CA were fantastic (my rain gauge was closer to 7-8 inches over the storm, and that’s maybe 25 miles south of Nacimiento), let’s just hope it continues soon and translates eastward too...
After a morning skiing Nacimiento we would idle up the waveless section and enjoy the views. I hope it is getting lots of moisture.