• Friends: Please double-check the email address you have on file. Make sure that it is current and able to receive email. When our emails are rejected it can damage our ratings and slow down future deliveries.
    Thanks!

It's happening!! AR!

JFRCalifornia

The leading edge of this coming storm is aimed directly at where I live on the CA central coast just north of San Luis Obispo... I had to do a couple of double checks because they are forecasting 6-8 inches of rain here (not a typo) on Wednesday into Thursday AM... wow... that will mean 6-8 feet of snow in the central Sierra near Mammoth... I hope that translates into big snow somewhere beyond the Sierra...

Last edited:

JFRCalifornia

JFRCAL, I shot a match at a couple of military bases in San Louis Obispo. That is some truly beautiful country! You are a lucky guy living there.
Yes, indeed, it's pretty nice place to live, and what makes it worth driving 700 miles to Lake Powell from this far... Which baes? Camp Roberts or Fort Hunger-Liggett? Or Camp San Luis?

Trix

Let's pray that the AR can turn around this dire outlook.

Jwc

Let's pray that the AR can turn around this dire outlook.

Not looking great for the humans of the Southwest . Mega drought cycles has wrought havoc and displaced people in the southwest for the last 10000 years and it may do it again. But here’s to hoping it hammers snow in feb March and April !!

Jwc

I'm just trying to wrap my head around the fact that one of these ARs can have more moisture than the annual discharge of the Mississippi river at the gulf.....JUST ADD WATER!
Yeah man .. my bro in San Diego said they just received a years worth of precip in a couple days! Feast or famine in Cali.. it’s snowing good here in Hesperus the last week that’s for sure ! Hope we can keep it up thru late winter.

Outside

Yeah man .. my bro in San Diego said they just received a years worth of precip in a couple days! Feast or famine in Cali.. it’s snowing good here in Hesperus the last week that’s for sure ! Hope we can keep it up thru late winter.
Yep, seems like when SD gets pounded its good for four corners

Lance

I hate to ask this question but my spring time infatuation with Powell water levels has already begun!

What are the chances the cut will be open by Memorial day?? Things have been looking pretty bleak.

JFRCalifornia

I hate to ask this question but my spring time infatuation with Powell water levels has already begun!

What are the chances the cut will be open by Memorial day?? Things have been looking pretty bleak.
I’d say the chances are zero.

Bill Sampson

Wish we could send some of the 30" of heavy snow we received in Prescott over the last three days. Everything is at a standstill. Chuck
I live in Prescott Valley, and drove to Prescott yesterday afternoon. You are correct about the standstill.

Outside

from opensnow.com

"From Friday, January 22 through Tuesday, January 26, here are the storm totals as best as I could pull them together."

49" Wolf Creek
40" Silverton
37" Purgatory
23" Irwin Catskiing
19" Powderhorn
16" Telluride
15" Sunlight
14" Snowmass
13" Crested Butte
13" Steamboat
10" Aspen Highlands
10" Aspen Mountain