Interesting?

BobT

davew

as with everything watch where you get your news --- that bill did not make it through, but very likely will next year.
this article has a very good recap of bills and what became of them.

Biggest issue I see is not the laws, it is the enforcement of the current laws. If current laws are enforced we would not be having this conversation.

Meatwagon

Keeper of San Juan Secrets
as with everything watch where you get your news --- that bill did not make it through, but very likely will next year.
this article has a very good recap of bills and what became of them.

Biggest issue I see is not the laws, it is the enforcement of the current laws. If current laws are enforced we would not be having this conversation.
Or if the current laws WERE FOLLOWED in the first place, we wouldn't be having this conversation. It amazes me that anyone financially able to afford these boats can be as irresponsible as many seem to be.

BobT

Wow! Surprising they would ban it all together. People may cheer this, but where does the line get drawn for outlawing the next activity the people with power don't approve of?
I think when you bring something new like this that’s not only is environmentally damaging but negatively affects everything that came before it just so the don’t have to learn something that actually takes skill.

nzaugg

When the link is the information one has? Isn’t it prohibited in those cases already?
Unfortunately, no. Many states lack prohibitions on towed sports after sunset. They may also allow people to sit on the back of the boat while underway (something prohibited in Utah) and may not require PFDs either. The small lake prohibition is interesting too, since wake surfing is really not that great unless you are in deep water, though I am guessing there are too many who don't understand that aspect either.

Stuart Hepworth

I could potentially see a need to ban boats with ballast tanks at certain reservoirs simply because of the threat they pose to transporting invasive species. Take the potential quagga mess as an example...with pipelines to and from Quail Creek Reservoir, quagga mussels could pose a serious threat. Banning wake boats with ballast tanks could help mitigate that threat.