• Friends: Please double-check the email address you have on file. Make sure that it is current and able to receive email. When our emails are rejected it can damage our ratings and slow down future deliveries.
    Thanks!

Inflow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murph McBride

What is the latest calendar day for the Lake to show a little increase in elevation. It seems like we might be approaching that.

birdsnest

Escalante-Class Member
I ain't liking this water in situation. (like it cares). I am shocked that the upper elevations aren't letting go of our lake water. Our fishing trip is in mid May and water levels 8 feet less than now really impact distances. We are shooting for almost 100 miles in one day in a houseboat towing 3 fishing boats. Every shortcut matters. Just going around Padre Butte adds almost 5 miles so I'm kinda sweating it. Lower water exposes so many reefs going up lake from the south. Don't even think about when the Castlerock cut is closed. Incoming water numbers are dismal.
What is the latest calendar day for the Lake to show a little increase in elevation. It seems like we might be approaching that.

John P Funk

Escalante-Class Member
We're still seeing overnight lows in the 40's in Southwest Colorado at 7,000 ft. Until overnight temps get into the 50's/60's down low, those higher elevations will continue to hold snow. It has warmed so slowly that most of the moisture is settling into the soil, good for the soil, but bad for the lake levels.

Basshound91

I ain't liking this water in situation. (like it cares). I am shocked that the upper elevations aren't letting go of our lake water. Our fishing trip is in mid May and water levels 8 feet less than now really impact distances. We are shooting for almost 100 miles in one day in a houseboat towing 3 fishing boats. Every shortcut matters. Just going around Padre Butte adds almost 5 miles so I'm kinda sweating it. Lower water exposes so many reefs going up lake from the south. Don't even think about when the Castlerock cut is closed. Incoming water numbers are dismal.

When's your trip were going the 18th through 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.