Iced fillets

Mildog

3 days is pretty solid,, IMHO, the key is lots of ice and make sure fillet bags are touching the ice not just stacked on top of each other. We will sometimes push it to 4 Days and always keeping them in contact with ice and rotating the bags to keep them as cold as possible.
Mildog

Garry

3 days is pretty solid,, IMHO, the key is lots of ice and make sure fillet bags are touching the ice not just stacked on top of each other. We will sometimes push it to 4 Days and always keeping them in contact with ice and rotating the bags to keep them as cold as possible.
Mildog
I bought a 12 volt freezer I’ll run with my generator.

Dorado

If you Bleed the fish, put them on ice before they get warm, then put the filets back on ice, they keep for 4-5 days. Never let the fish get warm in the live well, stringer or laying on the the deck and the quality of the flesh stays great.
I see videos of people catching tons of stripers When it is warm out and putting them on stringers, no wonder they don't think stripers taste good!!!!

bschell

Garry, I forgot to mention what I think is very important. We are usually up in the San Juan for eight days, we don't tent camp, I have a 26' Wooldridge super sport pilothouse that is very self contained for long trips, we anchor only never go to shore except for ice cream at DR. My point is we eat fish every night (tacos, fried with panko or BBQ) I always leave the skin on the fillet of all fish until I am ready to cook it, I will freeze it that way also.
It seems to keep the juices intack and the fish fresher. Never let the fillets touch water only salt and pepper and a hot grill.

Enjoy...

Garry

Garry, I forgot to mention what I think is very important. We are usually up in the San Juan for eight days, we don't tent camp, I have a 26' Wooldridge super sport pilothouse that is very self contained for long trips, we anchor only never go to shore except for ice cream at DR. My point is we eat fish every night (tacos, fried with panko or BBQ) I always leave the skin on the fillet of all fish until I am ready to cook it, I will freeze it that way also.
It seems to keep the juices intack and the fish fresher. Never let the fillets touch water only salt and pepper and a hot grill.

Enjoy...
Thanks